Chittesh, Maini brothers dominate at Rotax KartingJuly 9th, 2011 - 8:06 pm ICT by IANS
Coimbatore, July 9 (IANS) Chittesh Mandody from Kolhapur, along with Maini brothers, Arjun and Kush, from Bangalore grabbed pole positions for the Pre-Final in the third round of the 2011 JK Tyre-FMSCI Rotax Max Karting Championship at the Kari Motor Speedway here Saturday.
Mandody (Mohite’s Racing) fought off a strong challenge from Chennai’s Vishnu Prasad (Meco Racing) and Ameya Bafna (Rayo Racing) in the Senior Max category to win both the heats.
Winner of the previous two rounds, the 18-year old Mandody said: “I bought a new chassis and it is making all the difference this season. Today, I had a slow start, but once the engine warmed up, I was able to step up the pace.”
Arjun and Kush, both representing Maini Racing, outpaced the field in the Junior Max and Micro Max categories, respectively, and topped both the heats as the Meco Motorsports-promoted and the FIA-CIK approved series warmed up for Sunday’s Pre-Final and Final.
Amidst all the action, the lone girl in the Micro Max category, Mira Kirit Erda, a 10-year old from Baroda’s Rosary High School, came up with a fine performance to finish second and third in the two heats.
“It feels nice to qualify high on the grid tomorrow. The kart was good,”said the shy Mira, who had finished seventh in the championship on her karting debut last year.
Micro Max: Heat-1 (15 laps): Kush Maini (Maini Racing) 1 (11mins, 08.299secs); Akash Gowda (Meco Racing) 2 (11:11.186); Mira Kirit Erda (Mohite’s Racing) 3 (11:12.533). Heat-2 (9 laps): Maini 1 (07:36.137); Erda 2 (07:42.683); Gowda 3 (07:42.948).
Junior Max: Heat-1 (15 laps): Arjun Maini (Maini Racing) 1 (11:01.208); Jehan Daruvala (Rayo Racing) 2 (11:01.570); Arya Gandhi (Rayo Racing) 3 (11:16.829). Heat-2 (15 laps): Maini 1 (09:45.338); Tarun Reddy (Meco Racing) 2 (09:51.304); Dhruv Shivaji Mohite (Mohite’s Racing) 3 (09:53.080).
Senior Max: Heat-1 (15 laps): Chittesh Mandody (Mohite’s Racing) 1 (09:39.790); Vishnu Prasad (Meco Racing) 2 (09:45.166); Sandeep Kumar (Meco Racing) 3 (09:48.342). Heat-2: Mandody 1 (09:34.532); Ameya Bafna (Rayo Racing) 2 (09:39.484); Vishnu Prasad 3 (09:41.122).
- Danigod tops in Micro class - Aug 19, 2012
- Abhirath, Jehan dazzle in final round of Rotax Karting - Sep 03, 2011
- Chittesh, Maini brothers emerge champs in National Rotax Karting - Sep 04, 2011
- Double for Mohite's Racing - Aug 05, 2012
- Daruvala bags pole in fourth round of national karting - Aug 06, 2011
- Vishnu, Jehan win in National Rotax Max Karting - Aug 07, 2011
- Maiden win for Ameya Bafna in Rotax Karting - Jul 10, 2011
- Double for Team Maini Racing - Jul 22, 2012
- 33 entries for National Rotax Karting Championship - Aug 05, 2011
- Close contest likely in final round of Rotax Karting - Sep 02, 2011
- Karting Nationals: Parth tops among seniors - Aug 20, 2010
- Motorsports: Close win for Arya Gandhi - May 20, 2012
- Motorsports: Saleem, Surya, Phaneesh top JK Tyre-MMS Rookie Cup - Apr 29, 2012
- Prasad tops among seniors in JK Tyre Rotax national karting - Jul 12, 2009
- Parth tops among seniors in JK Tyre karting - Aug 22, 2010
Tags: ameya, arjun, bangalore, baroda, chennai, fia cik, fmsci, gandhi, jk tyre, kari, karting championship, kirit, kolhapur, kush, laps, meco, motor speedway, pole positions, rotax max karting, vishnu prasad