Chinese women’s judo team making progress: CoachJuly 10th, 2012 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, July 10 (IANS) The Chinese women’s judo team is making progress before the upcoming London Olympic Games, head coach Fu Guoyi said here Tuesday.
“Our judokas are making some progress,” he said. “We resolved some problems and found out some ways to deal with our opponents, especially the Japanese.”
Chinese women’s judo team claimed three gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, Xinhua reported.
With the 52kg winner Xian Dongmei retiring after the Beijing Games, 78kg queen Tong Wen and Yang Xiuli were left to lead a group of Olympic debutants to defend their titles in London.
The 29-year-old Yang has been dealing with a recurrent shoulder injury which has proved to be a obstacle in the past couple of years.
“Yang’s form is getting better and better,” said the coach. “She still has three weeks to come back to her top form.”
Eight judokas will be sent to the July 27-August 12 Games.
- Chinese judokas set sight on heavyweight classes - Jul 09, 2012
- Olympics judo: Cuba's Ortiz wins gold - Aug 04, 2012
- China harvests in 'backyard' sports but challenges loom ahead of Olympics - Dec 27, 2011
- 29 Olympic champions to spearhead China at London Games - Jul 10, 2012
- Gold for France's Decosse in women's 70 kg judo - Aug 02, 2012
- Olympic judo: France's Riner wins gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic judo: Kim scores revenge over Bischof for gold - Aug 01, 2012
- Wang Shixian left out Chinese Olympic badminton squad - Jul 11, 2012
- Small town girl looks to achieve big in London (With Image) - Jul 11, 2012
- Olympic badminton: Chinese off to a good start - Jul 29, 2012
- Indian athletes' London tryst amid soaring expectations - Jul 26, 2012
- Injuries to spikers hurt China's Olympics medal hopes - Jul 11, 2012
- Olympics: Saudi Arabia girl attracts attention in judo - Aug 04, 2012
- Avoid meat before Olympics, China tells its athletes - Mar 15, 2012
- Chinese swimming team get hero's welcome - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: 2008 beijing olympic, 2008 beijing olympic games, chinese women, debutants, gold medals, head coach, judo team, judokas, london, obstacle, olympic games, opponents, queen, shoulder injury, tong, xinhua