Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10April 14th, 2012 - 4:34 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, April 14 (IANS) Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg took his maiden pole position in Formula One racing by topping the times sheets in the Chinese Grand Prix qualifying here Saturday. Force India failed to make the top-10.
Rosberg bagged his first pole in 110 attempts, also making the first one for his team Mercedes which has been competing in F1 since 2010.
Rosberg clocked the fastest time of 1 min 35.121 seconds, half a second quicker than Lewis Hamilton of McLaren. Seven-time World champion Michael Schumacher, lapped 1:35.691 to finish third in his Mercedes. The German, however, will start second in the Sunday’s race after with Hamilton being handed over a five-place grid penalty for a gearbox change.
Hamilton, who took pole in Australia and Malaysia, will be starting from seventh on the grid behind Kamui Kobayashi of Sauber, Lotus’ Kimi Raikkonen, Jenson Button of McLaren, as well as Red Bull’s Mark Webber.
Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso, the current leader of the drivers’ standings, came ninth while the reigning drivers’champion Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull failed to make the Q3 and will start in 11th position.
Force India’s Paul di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg were 15th and 16th fastest.
Narain Karthikeyan set the slowest time of 1:41.000 in his HRT, finishing 24th.
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- McLaren lock front row in Italy - Sep 08, 2012
- Monaco GP: Webber on pole, Hulkenberg miss top-10 - May 26, 2012
- Force India's Hulkenberg finishes fourth in Belgium - Sep 02, 2012
- Untouchable Vettel wins Indian GP - Oct 30, 2011
- Button races to 1st pole for McLaren in Belgium - Sep 01, 2012
- Vettel takes pole, di Resta 10th in Bahrain - Apr 21, 2012
- Alonso wins dramatic Malaysian GP, Force India in top-10 - Mar 25, 2012
- Rosberg wins maiden F1 race in China, Force India draw blank - Apr 15, 2012
- Hamilton wins Chinese Grand Prix to end Vettel's winning streak - Apr 17, 2011
- Rosberg sets pace in second practice at Bahrain GP - Apr 20, 2012
- Hamilton glides to Monza victory - Sep 09, 2012
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- Hamilton bags pole in Australia - Mar 17, 2012
- Hamilton fastest in Chinese GP first practice - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: champion michael schumacher, f1 pole, fastest time, fernando alonso, force india, formula one racing, jenson button, kamui, kimi raikkonen, kobayashi, lewis hamilton, mark webber, narain, nico hulkenberg, nico rosberg, place grid, red bull, s paul, sebastian vettel, time world champion