Chinese company to supply Olympics pin badges for 2016 Rio GamesAugust 5th, 2012 - 4:53 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 5 (IANS) Beijing Huajiang Culture Development Co. Ltd. has secured a contract to provide Olympic pins badges to the next edition to be held in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.
Beijing Huajiang, also known as Honav, has been awarded the license to become the official provider of pins for the 2016 Games by the Rio Olympics and Paralympics Games Organising Committee, reports Xinhua.
Jack Chen, Chairman of Honav said the agreement signed in London is a “testament to our commitment to promote the Olympic spirit.”
“We are becoming an increasingly significant part of the Olympic community.”
Chen pledged that his company is fully embracing the opportunity to be part of the Rio Olympics.
Carlos Nuzman, president of the 2016 Games, praised the Chinese company for its high quality of creative designs of the pin badges.
“I have full confidence that they will continue with their work in the run up to Rio 2016,” said Carlos Nuzman.
Honav has been supplier of the Olympic pin badges for three successive times, at Beijing, London, and now Rio de Janeiro.
- 2016 Olympic committee denies lapses in relocation of residents - Sep 28, 2011
- Brazil hopes 2016 Olympics will boost industry - Jul 19, 2012
- Over six in ten London Olympics souvenirs being made in China - Nov 12, 2010
- British Big Dance week announced to celebrate Olympics - May 15, 2012
- Brazilian beach volleyball veteran eyes Rio Games - Aug 11, 2012
- Olympic judo: France's Riner wins gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Cisco to invest $545 mn in Brazil - Apr 04, 2012
- Never blamed Nobbs for London debacle: Shivendra - Aug 24, 2012
- Britain offers help to Brazil for World Cup, Olympics - Aug 17, 2012
- IOC, Brazil to draw up plan of action for Rio 2016 - Oct 31, 2009
- Brazil lights up a floating Christmas tree - Nov 28, 2011
- Prince Henry plays volleyball in Brazil - Mar 11, 2012
- Scheidt vows to re-adapt for Rio Olympics - Aug 21, 2012
- Brazil lights world's largest floating Christmas tree - Nov 28, 2011
- Olympic flag arrives in Rio - Aug 14, 2012
Tags: 2016 games, beijing, chinese company, confidence, creative designs, culture development, development co, games london, olympic community, olympic pin, olympic pins, olympic spirit, olympics, organising committee, paralympics, paralympics games, pin badges, rio de janeiro, testament, xinhua