Chinese club prepares huge offer for Kaka?June 28th, 2012 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, June 28 (IANS) Spanish and Italian newspapers are speculating that Chinese football side Guangzhou Evergrande are preparing an offer for Real Madrid’s star Brazilian midfielder Kaka.
Italian paper El Corriere dello Sport and Spain’s Diario AS both report than Guanzhou are prepared to offer Kaka around 18 million euros a season on top of paying 25 million euros to Kaka’s current club, Real Madrid, for his transfer, Xinhua reported.
Guangzhou are currently trained by former Italy coach Marcelo Lippi and the club’s owner Xu Jiawin has shown his ambition, both by contracting Lippi, as well as signing striker Lucas Barrios for a Chinese record fee of around 8.5 million euros.
Real Madrid would almost certainly be prepared to sell Kaka, who thanks partly to a series of injury problems has never lived up to the 65 million euros the club paid for him three years ago.
The player struggled to make it into the club’s starting 11 during the past season and when he did start a game, he was generally disappointing. However, he is still a very popular figure and his arrival would help raise the profile of the Chinese League in the same way as the signings of Nicolas Anelka and Didierd Drogba for Shanghai Shenhua.
The main question is whether or not 30-year-old Kaka would be prepared to play in China, or whether he will look to return to former club AC Milan, who have shown an interest in signing him, or return home to end his career in Brazil.
- Guangzhou Evergrande denies Kaka move - Jul 05, 2012
- Chinese football pinning hopes on Seedorf and Drogba - May 22, 2012
- Blackburn's Yakubu set to join Chinese club Guangzhou - Jun 19, 2012
- Lippi confirms Conca stay - Jul 15, 2012
- Yakubu shines on CSL debut - Jul 16, 2012
- Money not the root of my sadness: Ronaldo - Sep 05, 2012
- Kaka on Galaxy radar to replace Beckham - Aug 18, 2012
- Shanghai Shenhua confirms contract with Drogba - Jun 19, 2012
- Real Madrid, AC Milan chiefs meet to decide Kaka's future - Aug 07, 2012
- Nicolas Anelka signs with China's Shanghai Shenhua - Dec 12, 2011
- Drogba makes immediate impact in China - Jul 23, 2012
- Kaka's father in talks with AC Milan - Jun 25, 2012
- Real Madrid to announce record earnings for last season - Sep 17, 2011
- Transfer activity not over for Real Madrid, says Mourinho - Aug 29, 2012
- China's social networking site extends sponsorship deal with Villarreal - Apr 11, 2012
Tags: ac milan, chinese club, chinese football, club real madrid, corriere dello sport, current club, drogba, guangzhou, guanzhou, italian newspapers, italian paper, italy coach, kaka, lucas barrios, marcelo lippi, midfielder, nicolas anelka, shanghai shenhua, xinhua, xu