China’s Suzhou to host 2015 World TT ChampionshipsMarch 28th, 2012 - 4:42 pm ICT by IANS
Dortmund (Germany), March 28 (IANS) The World Table Tennis Championships of 2015 will be held in Suzhou, China, ITTF president Adham Sharara announced at a press conference here.
The decision was taken during ITTF’s annual general meeting Tuesday amid the ongoing World Team Championships. China will be hosting a world event for the fifth time after 1961 (Beijing), 1995 (Tianjin), 2005 (Shanghai) and 2008 (Guangzhou, Team).
The next individual championships were already awarded to Paris, France, and the next event for teams will be held in Tokyo.
Sharara did not share the opinion that four major tournaments in China within 10 years was too much.
“You can also say, five tournaments in fifty years, that is not much,” he was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
“Most big sponsors are from China and they want a big tournament frequently.
“China and Germany also bid the most. It’s no problem. The junior championships are more easy to organize, that is why we rotate per continent,” he added.
India will the junior worlds in 2013.
- St.Maarten, Chad new ITTF members - Mar 28, 2012
- Bill Gates offers help to promote table tennis in US - Aug 01, 2012
- Hyderabad to host Junior World TT tourney in 2012 - Apr 02, 2012
- World TT body keen to host world championships in India - Oct 15, 2010
- Asian Junior TT: Boys team carries medal hopes - Jul 19, 2011
- Olympic-bound paddlers leave for exposure trip - Jun 06, 2012
- Top teams reach quarters at World TT - Mar 29, 2012
- Promising paddlers get a chance to qualify for London Olympics - Mar 20, 2012
- I am confident of making the Olympics: TT star Sharath Kamal - Feb 16, 2012
- We are not the favourites: German soccer coach - Jun 02, 2012
- Ten most attractive Chinese cities for foreigners - May 03, 2012
- China wary of Germany in table tennis - Mar 27, 2012
- China usual favourites at World TT Championships - Mar 23, 2012
- Chinese women seal quarterfinal slot at TT world meet - Mar 28, 2012
- India readies for Asia U-18 basketball championship - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: 10 years, adham, annual general meeting, beijing, continent, fifth time, fifty years, germany march, India, ittf, paris france, shanghai, sharara, suzhou china, table tennis championships, tokyo, world table tennis championships, world team championships, world tt, xinhua