China keen on military cooperation with BangladeshAugust 11th, 2008 - 4:17 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 11 (Xinhua) China Monday said it is keen to establish close military ties with Bangladesh. “The People’s Liberation Army (PLA) attaches great importance to developing friendly and cooperative ties with the Bangladeshi armed forces,” Defence Minister Liang Guanglie told Bangladesh’s visiting Chief of the Army Staff Moeen Ahmed.
The two sides have had extensive and multi-level cooperation on weapons, training and academic exchanges, he said.
China and Bangladesh are close and friendly neighbours and Beijing is ready to cooperate with Dhaka to promote their comprehensive partnership in various fields, Liang said.
He also expressed his gratitude to Bangladesh for the support it has given in the preparation and holding of the Beijing Olympic Games.
Moeen thanked for China’s support in Bangladesh’s national and military construction, and said his country firmly supports China’s Taiwan and Tibet policies.
- China, Bangladesh pledge closer military ties - Sep 15, 2011
- China to modernise military: Defence minister - Aug 01, 2011
- High expectations from Chinese minister's India trip: Daily - Sep 05, 2012
- `Chinese military diplomacy to reduce India's concerns' - Sep 04, 2012
- China to enhance its armed forces capabilities - Aug 01, 2010
- China, EU vow to strengthen military ties - Oct 24, 2011
- Sri Lanka, China seek to strengthen military ties - Sep 01, 2012
- China, Indonesia eye closer military ties - Jan 16, 2012
- China, US vow stable military ties - May 02, 2012
- Chinese defence minister in US to boost military ties - May 11, 2012
- China, US agree to reduce "miscalculation" risk between two armed forces - Jan 11, 2011
- 'China, India military exchanges back on track' - Sep 03, 2012
- China, Pakistan discuss defence ties - Jun 18, 2010
- Chinese defence minister to visit India - Aug 30, 2012
- India, China to resume joint military exercises (Roundup) - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: academic exchanges, army staff, bangladesh, beijing, cooperative ties, defence minister, dhaka, gratitude, keen, liberation army, military construction, military cooperation, military ties, moeen, neighbours, olympic games, pla, tibet, weapons training, xinhua