Chikka grabs Western India Golf titleNovember 4th, 2011 - 7:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 4 (IANS) Reigning National champion Seenappa Chikkarangappa completed a comprehensive 11-shot win over fellow Bangalore player Khalin Joshi in the LIC - Western India golf championships at the BPGC Friday.
Chikka, who was having a less than satisfactory last few weeks, carded a five-under 65, and totalled a whopping 20-under 260. Khalin shot one-under 69 in the final round and finished at 271, 11 shots behind the winner. Completing a 1-2-3 for Bangalore golfers was Udayan Mane (68), who added another good finish to his recent win on the IGU circuit. Mane totalled 274.
Chikka’s win fetched him 50 points in the IGU Order of Merit, while Joshi took 40.
Dominic Foos (65, 279) and Angad Cheema (73, 279) were tied for fourth at 279 and the sixth place was taken by Manav Das (71, 280).
- Baisoya joins Chikka, Angad, Khalin at Eastern India Matchplay semis - Dec 23, 2011
- Baisoya, Bhandari top strokeplay in All India Amateur golf - Jan 18, 2012
- Khalin beats Chikka to win Samarvir Sahi golf - Mar 02, 2012
- Udayan Mane wins Maharashtra Open, Semwal, Khalin second - Oct 28, 2011
- Chikka rallies in final round; wins individual, team Inter-state golf titles - Jun 17, 2011
- Syed Saqib wins North India golf title - Mar 16, 2012
- Maharashtra Open: Mane shoots 65, takes lead - Oct 26, 2011
- Chikka meets Baisoya in Eastern India Matchplay golf final - Dec 24, 2011
- Chadha moves to top, Chikka lying second at Inter State Golf - Jun 16, 2011
- Chikka, Honey on course, English players out in All-India Amateur - Jan 19, 2012
- Chikkarangappa wins Southern India Amateur Golf title - Jun 24, 2011
- Indian golfers lying second at Nomura Cup - Aug 16, 2011
- India slips to third place in Nomura Cup - Aug 17, 2011
- Chikka stays in lead at Samarvir Sahi golf - Feb 29, 2012
- Two shot lead for Arjun Sharma in North India golf - Mar 13, 2012