Chetan Anand wins Czech International badmintonSeptember 28th, 2008 - 8:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 28 (IANS) India’s Chetan Anand continued his fine form to clinch the Czech International badminton tournament, beating Englishman Carl Baxter in straight games Sunday.Top seeded Anand pulled off a 21-13, 21-14 win over Baxter to justify his top-billing at Brno.
Anand has been going through a form high and this is the seventh tournament where he made it to the final this year.
Last week Anand reached the final of Belgium Open but had to contend with a runners-up trophy. Anand is now the top Indian in singles with a world ranking of 33, three places above Anup Sridhar.
He will be next playing in Bitburger, Bulgaria, Dutch and Danish Open. Anand’s wife Jwala Gutta will pairing with Shruti Kurian in doubles in all the four tournaments.
Gutta will pair with V.Diju in the mixed doubles event.
- CWG badminton: India blank Canada for semi-final spot - Oct 07, 2010
- CWG Badminton: India demolish Wales, in mixed team quarters - Oct 06, 2010
- Saina steady at fourth, Sourabh jumps 45 places in world ranking - May 05, 2011
- CWG Badminton: India to face Canada in mixed team quarters - Oct 07, 2010
- Indian badminton team for CWG announced - Sep 02, 2010
- Saina, Kashyap shine on a gloomy day for India at Badminton Asian (Roundup) - Apr 15, 2010
- India win in Uber Cup, lose in Thomas Cup - May 10, 2010
- Saina, Kashyap give India reasons to smile (Lead) - Apr 14, 2010
- Jwala eyeing London berth with good run at India Open - Apr 24, 2012
- CWG Badminton: India in mixed team event final (Lead) - Oct 08, 2010
- Shuttlers confident of good show in Thomas Cup qualifiers - Feb 21, 2010
- Jwala hopes to be in world's top five in mixed doubles - Aug 16, 2009
- CWG Badminton: Saina, Kashyap storm into semifinals (Roundup) - Oct 12, 2010
- CWG badminton: Saina, Chetan move to third round - Oct 10, 2010
- CWG badminton: Kashyap pulls off stunning upset, makes semis with Chetan - Oct 11, 2010