Chennai to host international bike racesMarch 21st, 2009 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 21 (IANS) The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) Management Council Saturday confirmed that a round of the Petronas FIM Asia Zone Championship for two-wheelers would be held here Sep 3-6.
The Council also decided to conduct a round of the UAM Race of Nations, also a two-wheeler (150-200cc class) event in August, according to FMSCI Chief Executive Rajan Syal.
Speaking to IANS, Syal said efforts were on to combine the Race of Nations with the Asia Zone round.
The Asia Zone championship comprises of two classes - 600cc Superbikes and the underbone 115cc with two races in each category.
“We are looking to provide the fans a total of six races on the Sept 3-6 weekend rather than conducting them separately. We have already started the paper work in this regard,” Syal said.
- 40 riders for Asian Road Racing Championship - Aug 03, 2011
- India's first Moto GP rider Sarath to get financial help - Jul 04, 2011
- Dirt track racing in Jodhpur - Sep 23, 2011
- All systems go for Asia bike championship - Sep 03, 2009
- Asian Union to inspect MMST motor sport race track - Mar 31, 2009
- Chennai race track receives clean chit - Aug 06, 2009
- Kraisart takes pole in Asia Road Racing - Aug 06, 2011
- Close battles likely in third round of Asia Road Racing - Aug 05, 2011
- National motorbike races hotting up - Sep 02, 2011
- Top honours for Rajini in National Motorcycle Championship - Oct 02, 2011
- Double for Kraisart, Sucipto in Asia Road Racing - Aug 07, 2011
- Jagan dominates day two of national motorcycle racing - Jun 05, 2011
- Red Rooster team for Asian GP series - May 15, 2009
- Close races likely in National Motorcycle meet - Jun 01, 2012
- FIA to inspect Chennai race track - Jun 18, 2010