Chennai students use sand sculptures to honour Indian World Cup squadFebruary 22nd, 2011 - 7:46 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Feb.22 (ANI): School students here created sand sculptures to wish the Indian team luck for the cricket World Cup.
About 60 students, with the help of sand artists, created sand sculptures consisting of the Indian flag, a cricket bat and ball, and the World Cup trophy, on Tuesday (February 22) at the city’s famous Marina Beach.
According to students, it took them nearly seven hours to prepare the sculpture.
“We students are gathered here to encourage our Indian team who have been performing well in recent games, and we have done a mega sand sculpture. We dedicate this sculpture to our Indian team. We wish them all the best to win the World Cup,” said V. Jai Surya, a student.
Students also wrote messages for the Indian team.
B. Raghupathy, the principal of the school, said sand art developed creative thoughts in students and also taught them teamwork.
“We wanted to motivate our school children so we brought our children here with the help of sand artists. We made this World Cup sand sculpture which will enable the children to encourage themselves and they become a famous players in the future. This artwork will also encourage the public as well as the other children,” said Raghupathy.
Tourists and other visitors who thronged this stretch of beach were appreciated the art.
Artists and students said the sculpture was to hail the participants of the grand sporting extravaganza, and also to wish the Indian team luck.(ANI)
- 125-ft-long sand cricket bat to usher World Cup (With Image) - Feb 12, 2011
- TN students spread awareness about global warming through sand art - Jul 04, 2010
- A huge sand cake for Sachin! - Apr 22, 2011
- Santa in sand, courtesy Odisha artist (With Image) - Dec 25, 2011
- Huge sand cake for birthday boy Sachin (With Image) - Apr 23, 2011
- Odisha artist makes ailing Big B's sand image (With Image) - Feb 19, 2012
- Indian artist to create climate change sculpture in Japan - Jan 22, 2012
- Indian sand artist wins prize in Denmark (With Image) - Sep 05, 2012
- World Cup 2011 spurs creativity in Moradabad cricket fans - Feb 23, 2011
- Indian sand artist wins gold in Spain (With Image) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sand image on beach in Hazare's support - Aug 13, 2011
- Sand sculpture of Santa Claus spreads 'Go Green' message in Puri - Dec 25, 2010
- Little Bengal in a Mumbai school (With Images) - Jan 02, 2012
- Sand sculpture in Orissa for Obama - Nov 04, 2010
- Orissa sand artist creates sculpture of Obama ahead of his India visit - Nov 05, 2010
Tags: art artists, bat and ball, creative thoughts, cricket bat, cricket world cup, extravaganza, famous players, indian flag, jai, marina beach, recent games, sand art, sand artists, sand sculpture, sand sculptures, seven hours, student students, team luck, world cup squad, world cup trophy