Chelsea’s Lampard says this his best season so farApril 21st, 2009 - 1:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 21 (ANI): Frank Lampard, who has scored 19 goals and directly assisted in 11 in 49 matches for Chelsea this season, has no reson to slowdown after producing his best.
Even more remarkable, he has created almost twice as many goal-scoring chances as his nearest rival.
Lampard has fashioned 131 chances in all competitions, while Steven Gerrard, Liverpool’s talismanic skipper, has managed 70, The Sun reports.
That is already a Premier League record for a season and while the man himself is not one to blow his own trumpet, he knows it is all going well.
“I think, personally, it has been my best season. Over the course of the season different things have cropped up and, as a group, we’ve had some ups and downs, as you have seen. But, personally, I’m very pleased with the way I’ve been playing. Hopefully my 30s can be my best years,” Lampard said.
“I’m more experienced, more aware of how to play the game and how to manage myself in between games. I’m very pleased with the way I’m playing.”
Despite his incredible form, the England midfielder has already been overlooked for the first awards shortlist of the season.
Five Manchester United players - Rio Ferdinand, Edwin van der Sar, Ryan Giggs, Cristiano Ronaldo and Nemanja Vidic - made it to the PFA Player of the Year award shortlist.
“I’ve not really thought about the PFA shortlist. A lot of people have said they’re surprised but I think when the nominations are done players pick with the right idea. They don’t pick for political reasons and they are done early in the season - and that’s a fact,” he said. (ANI)
- Rooney give me 10 goals and Berbatov 30, demands Ferguson - Feb 02, 2011
- Fergie praises Giggs for shattering Chelsea's Champions League dreams - Apr 13, 2011
- Rocking Roo will strike for Man U against Blackpool: Veteran Giggs - Jan 25, 2011
- "Red hot" Rooney targets record haul for Manchester United - Jan 24, 2010
- Man U can win Premier League crown back from Chelsea: Ferguson - Aug 09, 2010
- Giggs backs Berbatov to win 'Golden Boot' battle against Tevez in Manchester derby - Feb 12, 2011
- John Terry apologises for being sent off against Barca - Apr 25, 2012
- Beckham helped me discover title-winning mentality: Walcott - Dec 29, 2010
- Man U skipper Vidic asks Rooney to start scoring - Dec 09, 2010
- 'Red hot' Rooney credits Capello for bringing out his best - Jan 27, 2010
- Giggs bamboozled by Rooney's suspension for swearing - Apr 08, 2011
- Lampard hails Chelsea's fighting spirit - May 03, 2010
- No player in world can take Frank Lampard's place: Ancelotti - Dec 27, 2010
- Vidic wants to bury Torres hoodoo - Feb 28, 2011
- Bagging 'low priced' Vidic best piece of business I've done in 24 years: Ferguson - Jan 22, 2011
Tags: cristiano ronaldo, different things, edwin van der sar, frank lampard, gerrard liverpool, manchester united, midfielder, nemanja vidic, pfa player of the year award, premier league, reson, rio ferdinand, ronaldo, ryan giggs, slowdown, steven gerrard, sun reports, ups, ups and downs, van der sar