Chelsea’s Lampard hails Barca’s MessiMay 3rd, 2009 - 4:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 3 (ANI): Chelsea’s Frank Lampard has hailed Barcelona’s Lionel Messi as the best player on the planet.
According to The Sun, the England star believes Messi will be the biggest threat to the Blues’ hopes of clinching a place in the Champions League final.
Lampard said: “Barcelona are a formidable team. They have such attacking strength with Messi, Henry and Eto’o. And in midfield they have Iniesta and Xabi driving them forward. The passing and movement of them all is top, top drawer.”"But I rate Messi the best. He is the best player in the world without a shadow of a doubt. By a country mile in fact. He is absolutely fantastic. OK, I don’t think in the first leg he delivered what people were expecting of him. But believe me the man is a genius and he can explode with a piece of magic that can change a game. He wasn’t in top form at the Nou Camp. That could make him all the more determined to produce at the Bridge,” he added.”So whoever plays at left-back for us will have to be at their very best to deal with him.”
Lampard says Chelsea are buoyed after securing a 0-0 result in Spain but says the semi-final is still too close to call.
He added: “I don’t think anyone is favourite to go through, the match is just so evenly balanced.” (ANI)
- Valiant Chelsea knock Barca out, reach Champions League final - Apr 25, 2012
- Incredible Messi needs two players to mark him, admits Terry - Apr 10, 2010
- Redknapp reveals Euro team he would like to boss - Mar 17, 2011
- Real Madrid crush Osasuna in Primera Liga - Apr 01, 2012
- Messi admits Barcelona 'terrified' of Walcott's pace ahead of Champions League clash - Feb 15, 2011
- Chelsea stun Barcelona at home in Champions League - Apr 19, 2012
- Fabregas will join Barcelona, predicts Messi - Feb 20, 2011
- Man City's 96 mln pound deal to make Ibrahimovic world's highest-paid footballer - Aug 13, 2010
- Real, Barca both claim victories at Primera Liga - Mar 25, 2012
- Iniesta puts Barcelona into final with injury-time stunner - May 07, 2009
- Messi replaces Becks as highest-paid footballer in the world - Mar 24, 2010
- No England star in FIFA World Player of the Year award - Oct 27, 2010
- Villa vows to 'do the maximum' to get Fabregas to Barcelona - Jul 23, 2010
- Must win game for Barca as Betis visit Camp Nou - Jan 14, 2012
- Superb Messi scores four to set up Inter date for Barcelona - Apr 07, 2010
Tags: barca, barcelona, best player, bridge, champions league, chelsea, england star, eto o, frank lampard, game, genius, lionel messi, london, magic, match, nou camp, shadow of a doubt, spain, sun, top drawer