Chelsea’s Lampard could be out for two months after England training knockNovember 13th, 2009 - 11:51 am ICT by ANI
London, Nov 13(ANI): Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard could be out of action for at least two months after damaging his thigh during England’s training session in Doha.
Lampard damaged his thigh soon after arriving in Doha for the friendly against Brazil, and his condition has been diagnosed as serious.
England medical staff immediately sent him back to London in order to attend the club’s Cobham headquarters for an in-depth scan.
“We can confirm that Frank Lampard picked up an injury to his thigh whilst training and will be returning home. There will be no further call-ups to the squad,” The Mirror quoted the Football Association (FA), as saying.
Chelsea will assess the injury on Friday and would be looking forward for positive news.
An injury to Lampard might be a big blow for Blues manager Carlo Ancelotti’s Premier League title hopes, especially with the club forced to play without Didier Drogba, Michael Essien, John Obi Mikel and Salomon Kalou for most of January because of the African Cup of Nations.
Ancelotti has already been forced to play without Ashley Cole for the next few weeks, after doctors spotted his tibia fracture. (ANI)
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Chelsea boss Ancelotti says Sturridge's twin-goals saved him from 'running naked' - Jan 04, 2010
- Chelsea has depth to play fantastic football: Ancelotti - Sep 28, 2010
- Terry says Chelsea boss Abramovich should spend big in January - Nov 17, 2009
- Chelsea coach Ancelotti hails magic Lamps after Birmingham win - Jan 28, 2010
- Chelsea posses best attack of Premier League: Ancelotti - Apr 02, 2011
- Chelsea must get tough to win Premier League title: Mikel - Nov 27, 2010
- Chelsea's John Mikel Obi ruled out for a month due to knee injury - Jan 01, 2011
- Chelsea will win FA Cup: Ancelotti - Feb 13, 2010
- Kalou, Bosingwa leave Chelsea - Jul 01, 2012
- Gloom turns to joy as Drogba enters game - Jun 15, 2010
- Chelsea will not fold up if Drogba is not there: Anelka - Dec 23, 2009
- Bookies favour Chelsea to retain FA Cup - Jan 04, 2010
- Chelsea not going to buy Torres: Ancelotti - Nov 10, 2010
- Arsenal will feel Chelsea's full force on Monday: Cole - Dec 25, 2010
Tags: african cup of nations, ashley cole, carlo ancelotti, chelsea, cobham, didier drogba, england training, football association, frank lampard, john obi mikel, medical staff, michael essien, mirror, positive news, premier league, returning home, salomon, tibia fracture, training session, ups