Chelsea to spend 18.6 million pounds to snare Russian star Yuri ZhirkovMay 30th, 2009 - 12:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 30 (ANI): Chelsea has agreed to splash out 18.6 million pounds for Russia star Yuri Zhirkov.
Sun Sport had revealed in March this year that coach Guus Hiddink had recommended the 25 year old, dubbed the Russian Ronaldinho, to Blues owner Roman Abramovich.Zhirkov’s agent yesterday claimed a four-year deal was signed two days ago and that the CSKA Moscow star will move to Stamford Bridge later this summer.
The left winger, who can also play at left-back, has yet to complete a medical.
And while the details of the contract have been agreed, it has not yet been signed.
Under Hiddink’s advice, Chelsea will look to clear out several players this summer - including Florent Malouda and Salomon Kalou. (ANI)
- Ancelotti takes up 50 million pound job with Chelsea - Jun 01, 2009
- Hiddink warns Chelsea stars to play for their future - May 05, 2009
- Kalou, Bosingwa leave Chelsea - Jul 01, 2012
- Chelsea planning summer clear out of its five big stars - Feb 04, 2011
- Hiddink expected to join Chelsea soon - Jun 04, 2011
- Hiddink rules out return to Stamford Bridge, suggests two Blues coaches - Apr 17, 2011
- Guus Hiddink rules out dramatic Chelsea comeback - Apr 15, 2011
- For Abramovich, it could be Dutch on coach selection - Apr 14, 2011
- Anzhi stars upset at UEFA stadium ban: Boussoufa - Jul 12, 2012
- Chelsea owner Abramovich bans Hiddink from taking Man City job - Dec 06, 2009
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Carlo Ancelotti confirms he'll take up Chelsea job - May 18, 2009
- Chelsea will win FA Cup: Ancelotti - Feb 13, 2010
- Terry says Chelsea boss Abramovich should spend big in January - Nov 17, 2009
- United, Chelsea maintain pace as Arsenal stumble - Mar 28, 2010