Chelsea still in title hunt: ScolariDecember 29th, 2008 - 5:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 29 (ANI): Chelsea coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has said that the Premier League title hunt was still open as his club went into 2009 three points behind leaders Liverpool.
The Blues managed only a 2-2 draw at Fulham and are three points behind Liverpool. Chelsea topped the table at the end of November, but has faltered since, with Liverpool taking full advantage.
The championship is not finished. It will go down to the last two games, Scolari said.
Cottagers boss Roy Hodgson celebrated a year in charge yesterday and his team are now unbeaten in nine matches, The Sun reported.
He said: It was a remarkable achievement to come back and keep the run going. Im sure Chelsea are disappointed but we showed fighting spirit. We showed we could grind out results. (ANI)
- Hodgson to take over as West Ham coach next week - Feb 12, 2011
- Roy Hodgson to take over as England soccer manager - May 02, 2012
- Deco backs Scolari, confident Chelsea will be league champions - Jan 01, 2009
- Liverpool, City secure Carling Cup semifinal berths - Nov 30, 2011
- Fulham bounce back to reach Europa League final - Apr 30, 2010
- Ronaldinho's Atletico falters, Vasco stays top - Jun 18, 2012
- Furious Hodgson not to condemn Capello after Gerrard's plea - Nov 20, 2010
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- Danglish throws his hat in for Liverpool manager's job - Jun 09, 2010
- Liverpool boss Hodgson admits his side facing relegation scrap - Oct 04, 2010
- Torres is ready to rumble, says Liverpool coach - Sep 30, 2010
- Palmeiras defeats Coritiba to win Copa do Brasil - Jul 12, 2012
- Carroll hails 'great' England - Jun 16, 2012
- Kenny Dalglish reckons his return can give Liverpool push towards derby glory - Jan 15, 2011
- Felipe brace sends Vasco da Gama into Rio Cup final - Apr 23, 2012