Chelsea posses best attack of Premier League: AncelottiApril 2nd, 2011 - 4:37 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr.2 (ANI): Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti has said that his Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson can keep Wayne Rooney, as his team has the best attack in the Premier League.
“Rooney is a fantastic player. I like him. He’s a fantastic striker, but I do not want to change. And I am sure Sir Alex does not want any changes either. We have the best group of forwards in the Premier League. I am happy with these strikers, and I do not want to swap them with anybody,” the Daily Express quoted Ancelotti as saying.
Ancelotti has a strong strike-force in Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka, Salomon Kalou and Fernando Torres.
Despite this, as Chelsea head to Stoke today, needing to win all their nine league games in order to retain their League title, none of the four strikers have scored in the last two months, since Torres joined the team from Liverpool.
However, Chelsea has managed to get by, having lost only once in their past eight games in the league, thanks to goals from their midfield, Frank Lampard.
Chelsea takes on United next week in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final, with Ancelotti demanding a better performance from his strikers.
“You don’t lose that ability to score. If you are a top scorer, you’ll stay like that until the end of your career. It comes back,” he said.
Ancelotti has long maintained that the nine point gap between his team and Ferguson’s United is too great to contemplate overtaking and winning a second straight title.
However, Chelsea players claim that a title charge is back on now after their recent revival. (ANI)
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Ancelotti concedes his Chelsea future doubtful after playing 'out of form' Torres - Apr 13, 2011
- Manchester United is the main team to beat: Ancelotti - Dec 26, 2010
- Ancelotti asks Chelsea strikers to sharpen up scoring skills - Mar 17, 2011
- Chelsea not going to buy Torres: Ancelotti - Nov 10, 2010
- 'Good substitutions' changed the game against West Ham United: Rooney - Apr 03, 2011
- United, Chelsea maintain pace as Arsenal stumble - Mar 28, 2010
- Ancelotti says Torres will have 'fantastic future' at Chelsea - Apr 24, 2011
- Drogba confirms Chelsea exit - May 22, 2012
- Man U couldn't win Premier League without Rooney: Ancelotti - Jan 27, 2010
- Ancelotti could drop Torres for Champions League game against Man U - Apr 12, 2011
- Chlesea has best strike force in Europe: Ancelotti - Feb 23, 2011
- Kalou warns Chelsea mates not to blow Premier League title chance - May 07, 2010
- Don't want to leave Chelsea: Anelka - Jul 21, 2011
- Chelsea has depth to play fantastic football: Ancelotti - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: alex ferguson, carlo ancelotti, daily express, didier drogba, eight games, fernando torres, frank lampard, lampard chelsea, last two months, league games, midfield, nicolas anelka, point gap, salomon kalou, sir alex ferguson, straight title, strike force, strikers, top scorer, wayne rooney