Chelsea planning summer clear out of its five big starsFebruary 4th, 2011 - 3:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 5 (ANI): To balance the books after their record-breaking spending spree, Chelsea is planning a summer clear out of its five big stars.
Didier Drogba, Florent Malouda, John Obi Mikel, Jose Bosingwa and Yuri Zhirkov performance will be under severe review until the end of the season.
The club is planning a summer clearout to help pay for 75 million pounds to new buy Fernando Torres and David Luiz, The Sun reports.
A Chelsea source confirmed: “There are a few big names and big earners whose performances have fallen short this season.”
“If things don’t improve there will be some notable casualties in the summer. The competition for places will be keener now and that should be a great motivation for everyone,” the source said.
Chelsea, who have just announced losses of 70.9 million pounds, are conscious of UEFA’s impending fair play rules which mean clubs must limit their spending according to income. (ANI)
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Chelsea now eyeing to sign Real Madrid midfielder Kaka - Mar 06, 2011
- Chelsea will win FA Cup: Ancelotti - Feb 13, 2010
- Kalou, Bosingwa leave Chelsea - Jul 01, 2012
- Drogba all set to stay at Chelsea - Apr 29, 2011
- Shanghai Shenhua confirms contract with Drogba - Jun 19, 2012
- Chelsea not desperate for Torres: Ancelotti - Jan 29, 2011
- Redknapp ready to snare Chelsea striker Drogba for Tottenham if available - Apr 23, 2011
- Drogba arrives in China to rousing reception - Jul 14, 2012
- Brazilian teen star likely to snub Chelsea's 30 million pound Drogba replacement offer - Mar 31, 2011
- Drogba asks Torres to consider joining Chelsea - May 13, 2010
- Brazilian teenager to replace Drogba at Chelsea? - Mar 29, 2011
- Lukaku contemplating loan move away from Chelsea - Mar 02, 2012
- Don't want to leave Chelsea: Anelka - Jul 21, 2011
- Chelsea not going to buy Torres: Ancelotti - Nov 10, 2010