Chelsea not going to buy Torres: AncelottiNovember 10th, 2010 - 5:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 10 (ANI): Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti has said that he is not going to replace Didier Drogba by buying Fernando Torres.
He further said by the time Drogba is finished, Torres will be too old.
Spanish ace Torres was back on form last weekend, scoring twice in Liverpool’s 2-0 win over Chelsea.
Torres’ performance led to renewed speculation that Chelsea would make a move for the 50 million pounds star at the end of the season, The Sun reports.
“It isn’t just Torres who has created problems for us. Carlos Tevez is the same. They are fantastic strikers and sometimes it can happen you concede goals to these strikers. When you have Drogba and Nicolas Anelka, it’s difficult to think about Torres,” Ancelotti said.
“The day Drogba cannot play and maintain this level of condition, we can think about buying another striker like Torres. But when Drogba is not able, Torres will be old,” The Sun quoted him, as saying.
Chelsea aims to bounce back from their recent defeat by beating Fulham in tonight’s game.
Drogba’s absence with malaria, along with injuries to Michael Essien and Frank Lampard, has led to a belief that Chelsea does not have a strong enough squad to retain the title. (ANI)
- Chelsea posses best attack of Premier League: Ancelotti - Apr 02, 2011
- Ancelotti asks Chelsea strikers to sharpen up scoring skills - Mar 17, 2011
- Ancelotti says Chelsea's don't need Liverpool's Torres - May 09, 2010
- Wenger believes Chelsea paid 15 per cent more for Torres - Feb 23, 2011
- Torres not to blame for Chelsea's form slump: Ancelotti - Feb 19, 2011
- Chlesea has best strike force in Europe: Ancelotti - Feb 23, 2011
- Don't want to leave Chelsea: Anelka - Jul 21, 2011
- Ancelotti concedes his Chelsea future doubtful after playing 'out of form' Torres - Apr 13, 2011
- Ancelotti blasts Chelsea players for lacking 'desire to win' - Dec 04, 2010
- Ancelotti says Torres will have 'fantastic future' at Chelsea - Apr 24, 2011
- Chelsea squad not good enough: Ancelotti - Apr 20, 2011
- Ancelotti wants Torres to play for Chelsea - May 14, 2010
- Drogba in talks with Man City over 20-mn pound move - Jul 20, 2010
- Malaria hit Drogba vows to lead Chelsea's attack - Nov 10, 2010
- Torres doesn't have to score to prove his worth: Ancelotti - Mar 03, 2011
Tags: 50 million pounds, absence, ace, aims, belief that, boss, carlo ancelotti, carlos tevez, drogba, fernando torres, frank lampard, fulham, game, liverpool, london, malaria, michael essien, speculation, striker, strikers