Chelsea, Man United main UK Premier League title rivals: CechApril 22nd, 2011 - 4:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr. 22 (ANI): Goalkeeper Petr Cech believes Chelsea are now Manchester United’s main Premier League title rivals because Arsenal have thrown away too many chances to catch them.
Cech believes Chelsea’s are well placed to take advantage if United falter during the final month of the season.
“We’ve been saying for a long time we want to keep winning and maintain the pressure on everybody. Arsenal have difficult games and United have to play us and Arsenal so there could possibly be six points [dropped by them," The Guardian quoted Cech, as saying.
He added: "We have two games at home against West Ham and Spurs to come and, if we win both, the situation could change again. Chelsea were one of the worst [teams in the form guide] a few months ago and now we’re getting back to normal.” (ANI)
- Chelsea goalie Cech fears Liverpool blunder could cost club Premier League title - Feb 10, 2011
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Cech hopes to make 600 appearances for Chelsea - Apr 07, 2011
- Man U will claim 19th title beating Chelsea, Arsenal: Fergie - Apr 30, 2011
- Chelsea and Arsenal look to boost title challenges - Feb 25, 2010
- Arsenal can overtake Man U in Premier League title race: Wilshere - Jan 07, 2011
- Ancelotti refuses to rest Chelsea players - Dec 08, 2010
- England announce 23-man squad for Euro Championship - May 16, 2012
- Manchester United still favourites to win title: Wenger - May 02, 2011
- Chelsea end Manchester City's unbeaten run - Dec 13, 2011
- Lampard hails Drogba for Chelsea's historic win - May 20, 2012
- Cech says Chelsea has lost out on title hopes on current form - Dec 29, 2010
- Terry warns Man U of overtaking them to win Premier League - May 02, 2011
- Ferguson asks Man U players to start firing up to grab title - Dec 05, 2010
- Euro 2012: Czechs outpace Greece to earn a 2-1 victory - Jun 13, 2012