Chelsea hoping to bid for Brazilian soccer star RobinhoMarch 17th, 2009 - 4:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar.17 (ANI): Roman Abramovich-owned Chelsea Football Club is hoping to recruit Brazilian star Robinho provided he is in form.
According to The Sun, the club will study Robinhos form over the next month to decide whether to bid for him.
The Blues missed out on Robinho, 25, when he joined Manchester City from Real Madrid in a shock 32.5 million pound switch on transfer deadline day. Chelsea has never given up on the Samba star and previous boss Big Phil Scolari tried again in January.
Despite Scolaris sacking, Chelsea has stayed on Robinhos trail but Blues officials, including owner Roman Abramovich, were shocked by Robinhos poor display in Sundays 1-0 defeat at Chelsea.
A Blues source said: Robinho has to pull his finger out otherwise he can forget about any move. (ANI)
- For Abramovich, it could be Dutch on coach selection - Apr 14, 2011
- Scolari fumes over Robinho non-signing - Sep 03, 2008
- Robinho begs Manchester City to let him quit - Jul 30, 2010
- Guus Hiddink rules out dramatic Chelsea comeback - Apr 15, 2011
- Deco to leave Chelsea - Jun 28, 2009
- Villas-Boas insists he won't be fired by Abramovich - Nov 21, 2011
- Gazprom inks sponsorship deal with Chelsea - Jul 18, 2012
- AC Milan in talks with Man City to get Robinho - Aug 31, 2010
- Abramovich personally funding to kick-start Chelsea's signing spree - Jan 30, 2011
- Ancelotti banking on transfer window to save Chelsea job - Jan 03, 2011
- Chelsea ready to make 42 m pound bid for Aguero - Aug 15, 2009
- Robinho comes up with three-point plan to stop Chelsea - Dec 05, 2009
- Scolari accuses Drogba, Ballack and Cech of dissent and indiscipline - Jun 29, 2009
- Liverpool rejects 35 million pound Chelsea bid for Torres - Jan 28, 2011
- Ancelotti admits he may leave Chelsea this year - Mar 21, 2011