Chelsea fine Drogba 100k poundsJanuary 1st, 2009 - 9:00 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan.1 (ANI): Ivory Coast star Didier Drogba has been docked 100,000 pounds by Chelsea for criticising the club in SunSport.
The whining Ivory Coast striker has angered both team-mates and Blues officials by claiming he did not get the support he deserves, The Sun reports.
Now he has been docked a weeks wages after the club ran out of patience with his constant moans.
Drogba claimed the club failed to support him when his grandmother died this year. He also confessed he did not exactly rush back from his knee injury and criticised manager Phil Scolaris team selection.
His comments have infuriated Scolari and chief executive Peter Kenyon, particularly as the club laid on a private jet so he could return to Africa to be with his grandmother.
Drogba, 30, was yesterday ordered to explain his outburst and told he would lose a weeks wages under an internal disciplinary procedure. And that could spell the end of his 41/2-year stay at The Bridge. (ANI)
- Drogba all set to stay at Chelsea - Apr 29, 2011
- Drogba signs with Chelsea again for 100,000 pounds per week - Aug 05, 2009
- Didier Drogba's family home in Ivory Coast torched - Apr 15, 2011
- Drogba recovers from mild concussion - Aug 28, 2011
- Drogba to get a new three-year contract at Chelsea - Jun 03, 2009
- Successful operation keeps Drogba's World Cup dreams alive - Jun 07, 2010
- I am ready for Chelsea debut: Oscar - Aug 18, 2012
- Drogba hits out at Scolari, pledges future to Chelsea - Feb 21, 2009
- FIFA okays Drogba cast, can play against Portugal - Jun 15, 2010
- No guarantee of staying at Chelsea for rest of my career: Drogba - Sep 27, 2010
- Drogba to visit India in June - May 22, 2012
- Kalou, Bosingwa leave Chelsea - Jul 01, 2012
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- Manchester City sets its sight on Chelseas Drogba - Jan 22, 2009
- Chelsea will not fold up if Drogba is not there: Anelka - Dec 23, 2009
Tags: africa, bridge, chief executive, coast star, criticised, didier drogba, disciplinary procedure, grandmother, ivory coast, knee injury, london jan, outburst, patience, peter kenyon, private jet, scolaris, striker, team mates, team selection, wages