Chelsea FC wants British Asian footballersMarch 31st, 2009 - 6:42 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 31 (IANS) Chelsea, the English premier league football club, is searching for young British Asian football stars of the future.
The club has teamed up with the Football Association, Kick it Out and the Asian Media & Marketing Group to launch the ‘Search for an Asian Soccer Star’.
Trials for 12-14-year-old South Asian hopefuls are planned for the first week of May with the most talented players being offered a three-day residential trial at the club’s world-class academy.
Kalpesh Solanki, managing editor of the Asian Media & Marketing Group, said talented South Asian footballers need high-profile support and encouragement.
“Chelsea have taken a huge step forward in this regard and shown what can be done when there is a will for change at the very highest club level. The club management, like us, recognise that a diversity on the field helps smash prejudice and inspires a future generation,” Solanki added.
The winners from each age group will be offered an initial three-day trial at the Chelsea Academy and any player meeting the required standards will be offered the chance to join some of the country’s most talented young players in the Chelsea youth system.
Aspiring football stars need to register for the trials by visiting the Chelsea website www.chelseafc.com/asiansoccerstar.
- Chelsea iniative to scout for Asian football talent, three Indians selected - Jun 16, 2010
- European clubs sell dreams to Indian footballers - May 08, 2011
- Abhishek Bachchan supports Chelsea's search for Asian star - May 11, 2010
- Villas-Boas appointed Tottenham manager - Jul 03, 2012
- Football academy to come up in Bengal's Durgapur - Jun 21, 2012
- India needs good football pitches: British expert - Dec 31, 2011
- Chettri to go club hunting after July - Jun 26, 2012
- Chhetri, Jeje on trial with Glasgow Rangers - Nov 11, 2011
- FIFA gives India checklist for hosting U-17 World Cup - Sep 07, 2012
- 9-year-old Australian offered contract by Barcelona - Jul 17, 2012
- Chelsea's 33 mn euro bid for Willian rejected - Jul 19, 2012
- Chelsea net three youngsters of Indian origin - May 07, 2009
- World Cup rekindles hopes of Hyderabad's football revival - Jun 24, 2010
- United sign Crewe's highly rated teenager - Jun 13, 2012
- Clubs are not committed to developing players: Bhaichung - Feb 01, 2010
Tags: asian football, asian media, asian soccer, british asian, chelsea website, club management, english premier league, english premier league football, football stars, footballers, future generation, kalpesh, league football club, london march, premier league football, profile support, soccer star, solanki, stars of the future, talented players