Charlie Davies Caught Driving At High SpeedOctober 9th, 2010 - 9:03 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
It seems that some people do not take lessons from the accidents that bring them on the verge of death and continue to be careless about it. This is the case with noted American soccer player Charlie Davies. He got severely injured last year in an accident that could have been a fatal one. That accident claimed the life of a person and the player himself was left nursing his wounds for months. Last Sunday he was caught driving at a shockingly high speed of 125 miles per hour as by a French newspaper. He was in a Audi Q7 car and was passing through the Jura region in France. The paper also said that owing to driving at such an abysmally high speed the driving license of the player was nabbed by the police. However,it is yet to be confirmed.
The 24 year old player plays for Sochaux - a French club. Last year the accident brought him close to death. However, in that accident he was not the one who was driving the car. The accident forced him to give the World Cup a miss. The news comes as a shock as it cost the player a lot in terms of career and he is still to recover from the effects.
It is not clear when he will make a comeback to the field. The coach of Sochaux Francis Gillot said that he might make it in January next year. The player has not reacted on the news published by the newspaper so far. However, if it is proved true it will only tarnish his reputation.
- Audi launches business edition of SUV Q5 - Aug 23, 2011
- Audi launches new A4 model (With Image) - May 03, 2012
- Audi India to launch new models, ramp up network - Jan 17, 2011
- Drunken driving top road killer: Report - Jul 31, 2012
- Aditya Patel tests Audi in Germany - Dec 02, 2011
- Jackass star Ryan Dunn killed in auto crash - Jun 20, 2011
- Jeffrey David Kirby Charged With Vehicular Manslaughter In Charles Lewis' Accident - Dec 03, 2010
- Audi's April sales zoom 98 percent - May 05, 2011
- Four High school football players killed in crash - Aug 22, 2011
- Tom Brady Bags A Plum Deal Post His Car Accident! - Sep 10, 2010
- Audi's Q4 sales up 107 percent - Apr 01, 2011
- Audi's October sales rises 208 percent - Nov 08, 2010
- Nearly 200 dead in Nepal accidents this year - Jul 15, 2012
- Delhi HC lawyer charges Audi India with selling defective Rs.40 lakh car - Oct 28, 2010
- February: A month of grave accidents in Delhi - Feb 28, 2012