Chappell rubbishes Hauritz’s Oz uniform garage-sale storyDecember 14th, 2010 - 6:48 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Dec 14(ANI): Australian selector Greg Chappell has rubbished suggestions that off-spinner Nathan Hauritz had become bitter and unpatriotic following his ‘dumping’ from the Ashes squad.
Hauritz was reported to have held a garage sale in Sydney where he sold some of his Australian uniform items.
“What he was doing was cleaning out some stuff that had been hanging around at his place for some time,” the Age quoted Chappell, as saying.
“The Test gear that he got rid of was three years old, not stuff that he can use, and he was raising money for a cricket charity related to Papua New Guinea,” he added.
Chappell further insisted that he and the other selectors had not been influenced by the reports.
“The story puts a very disappointing slant on what was a rather innocuous activity,” Chappell said.
“I think it’s done Nathan no favours, but thankfully we know what the true story is and we have no concerns whatsoever,” he added. (ANI)
- Ex-Aussie cricketers slam selectors for ignoring 'in-form' Hauritz - Dec 12, 2010
- 'Some Oz batsmen should get down on their hands and knees to thank selectors' - Nov 21, 2010
- Hauritz resists Ponting's push for change in bowling style - Nov 03, 2010
- Smith should be included in the Ashes squad: Chappell - May 13, 2010
- Ashes: Oz selectors have avoided difficult decision for another week - Nov 16, 2010
- Ponting upset with selection panel over Johnson's omission - Dec 02, 2010
- Clarke pushes Hauritz's case but Chappell not buying yet - Nov 13, 2010
- Hauritz unlikely to get nod for first Ashes Test on bouncy Gabba pitch - Oct 18, 2010
- Hauritz denies being 'unavailable' for 2009 Ashes-deciding Test - Nov 17, 2010
- Chappell says Hauritz likely to retain his Test position in Oz team - Nov 16, 2010
- Smith can help Australia regain Ashes: Greg Chappell - May 13, 2010
- Stuart Macgill blasts Hilditch's Ashes selection - Dec 11, 2010
- 'Pedestrian' Hauritz should not be picked for Australia again: John Benaud - Nov 18, 2010
- 'All rounder' Watson creates flexibility at Australian selection table: Hilditch - Aug 06, 2010
- Murali's Centre of Excellence stint would be a priceless for young Oz spinners: Healy - Feb 10, 2011