Chanderpaul’s son takes centre stageJuly 4th, 2012 - 3:20 pm ICT by IANS
Scarborough(Tobago), July 4(IANS/CMC) Tagenarine Chanderpaul, son of the West Indies Test star Shivnarine Chanderpaul, struck a half-century to lead Guyana to victory over Barbados in the second round of the Caribbean Under-17 Championship here.
The left-hander stroked 56, more than half of Guyana’s total as they reached 93 for eight after the match was reduced to 30 overs because of rain at Louis D’or, and Barbados could muster only 85 for eight, reports Caribbean Media Corporation (CMC).
At Bon Accord, son of former Test opener Stuart Williams, Saeed Williams, also hit a half-century in a losing cause for Leeward Islands against Jamaica.
Williams got 54 to help the Leewards to 124 for five off 20 overs, after they were sent in.
Jamaica then cruised to their target off just 14.2 overs and for the loss of two wickets.
- Chanderpaul's son Taignarine follows in his footsteps - Jul 05, 2011
- Chanderpaul doubtful for Birmingham Test - Jun 08, 2012
- Out-of-form Bravo released, Hyatt called up - Mar 29, 2012
- Chanderpaul digs in at top; Samuels, Roach also move up - May 23, 2012
- Chanderpaul among the runs again as Warwickshire draw - Sep 04, 2011
- Chanderpaul to work with young batsmen - Sep 29, 2011
- Bishoo named Guyana's cricketer-of-the-year - Dec 18, 2011
- Rain wrecks Windsor Park debut - Jul 07, 2011
- Chanderpaul narrowly misses double ton as Warwickshire win big - Aug 26, 2011
- Windies rally but facing huge task to beat Aussies - Apr 26, 2012
- Chanderpaul's 25th Test ton put West Indies on top - Apr 09, 2012
- Gayle could return as Jamaican captain - Oct 05, 2011
- No Chris Gayle in West Indies squad for India - Nov 01, 2011
- Feeble West Indies top-order flattened in third Test (Lunch report) - Jul 07, 2011
- Windies and Black Caps pay homage to Runako Morton - Jul 13, 2012
Tags: barbados, bon accord, caribbean media, centre stage, jamaica, july 4, leeward islands, leewards, left hander, losing cause, match, rain, saeed williams, scarborough, shivnarine chanderpaul, target, tobago, victory, west indies, wickets