Chanderpaul’s son Taignarine follows in his footstepsJuly 5th, 2011 - 4:49 pm ICT by IANS
Roseau (Dominica), July 5 (IANS) As Shivnarine Chanderpaul faces the Indians in the final Test here, his elder son Taignarine Chanderpaul will battle it out for Guyana in the West Indies under-15 tournament.
Guyana will take on Leeward Islands starting Wednesday and Taignarine will have a chance to show his skills as a batsman.
Taignarine did not get a chance to feature in the first-round match between Guyana and Trinidad & Tobago as rain washed out the two-day match.
Taignarine has been scoring prolifically in domestic cricket in Guyana and will want to take his form into the regional tournament.
After the rain-affected first round, Jamaica lead the points table, followed by Barbados and Windward Islands.
- Chanderpaul's son takes centre stage - Jul 04, 2012
- I am still hungry for success: Chanderpaul - Jul 07, 2011
- Gayle could return as Jamaican captain - Oct 05, 2011
- Bishoo dropped, in-form batsman Fudadin gets the nod - Apr 20, 2012
- Sarwan dropped from West Indies squad for third Test - Jul 04, 2011
- Rain wrecks Windsor Park debut - Jul 07, 2011
- Feeble West Indies top-order flattened in third Test (Lunch report) - Jul 07, 2011
- Deonarine named in Windies squad for first Test - Apr 05, 2012
- Mohammed wants to retain place in West Indies team - Dec 27, 2011
- Windies Test player Morton arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Chanderpaul-Samuels partnership is crucial: Gibson - Jun 30, 2011
- West Indies' Ramdin sidelined with injury - Mar 12, 2012
- Gayle, Bravo left out of the first Test against India - Jun 18, 2011
- Offie Sunil Narine in Dwayne Bravo captained West Indies A - Nov 01, 2011
- West Indies call up Shillingford for Trinidad Test - Apr 13, 2012