CGOC announces launch of tickets at outletsAugust 25th, 2010 - 10:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) The Commonwealth Games Organising Committee (CGOC) finally announced the sale of tickets at outlets for spectators with less than 40 days to go for the Games. The launch of tickets was earlier scheduled for Aug 1.
The sale of online tickets had started June 4.
Lalit Bhanot, secretary general of CGOC, dismissed reports that there are not enough tickets for the opening and closing ceremonies for the common man.
He said that 60,000 tickets for the opening and closing ceremonies are meant for the common man.
The cheapest tickets cost Rs.1,000 while the other denominations are Rs.5,000, Rs.25,000 and Rs.50,000.
Around 30 retail outlets are opened in Delhi/NCR of Hero Honda, Central Bank of India, IRCTC, STC Branch for the sale of tickets. People who have already bought tickets can redeem their vouchers against actual tickets at the various outlets across Delhi and NCR.
The tickets would also ensure free transportation for spectators in Delhi Metro and buses run by Delhi Transport Corporation on the day of the event.
The CGOC has also reserved 0.5 percent of the total inventory for disabled spectators.
They can purchase their tickets from the IRCTC outlets or through the call centre.
The tickets have been printed at the India Security Press which also prints currency notes the Government of India. To protect them from being counterfeited, the tickets have been printed on the same paper used for printing currency.
“We are expecting the overall sale of tickets to be around 17 lakh. The ticket sales have been good so far and all the tickets will be made available for the public,” said Bhanot.
- Australia, Britain queue up to buy Games tickets (Commonwealth Games Countdown) - Jul 07, 2010
- Commonwealth Games tickets now on sale - Jun 04, 2010
- Delhi 2010 tickets to be launched on August 25 - Aug 20, 2010
- 2010 CWG tickets to be launched on August 25 - Aug 20, 2010
- CWG ticket sales picking up pace, hockey top grosser - Sep 15, 2010
- Air India woos passengers with 'shagun vouchers' - Dec 07, 2011
- 25 percent of CWG tickets were unsold: CAG - Aug 06, 2011
- Commonwealth Games tickets launched online - Jun 04, 2010
- Two held with fake currency - Mar 15, 2011
- Man held with counterfeit currency in south Delhi - Dec 31, 2010
- Confusion over CWG closure tickets - Oct 13, 2010
- Bulk of CWG tickets came late from Nasik, many wasted - Oct 10, 2010
- Indian GP: Grandstand rates down, general tickets costlier - Apr 10, 2012
- Poor ticket sales for Eden Test - Nov 12, 2011
- Hindustan Times launches programme for underprivileged children - Apr 19, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,