Cavs-Magic showdownMay 27th, 2009 - 8:42 pm ICT by GD
The Cavaliers, winning a league-best 66 games and comfortably making through the first two rounds of the Playoffs, are surprisingly headed for elimination in the NBA series.
Since 1995, the Magic are on the verge of their first sojourn to The Finals. The Orlando Magic are just one win away from representing the East in the NBA finals.
LeBron James’ near miss spelled doomsday for the Cavs, in what’s supposed to be the most promising season in Cavs’ history. James miss in the overtime of the session was a disappointment, pushing Magic’s lead up.
James scored 44 points including 12 rebounds and seven assists. His gripping 3 pointer in the final 10 seconds of the allotted overtime was his greatest shot of the night.
Dwight Howard scored 10 of his 27 points during the overtime. The two free throws provided by him took up Magic’s lead to 4 points. Though the Cavs made a good attempt at keeping the ball out of his hands through most of the game, he just burst into the arena in the overtime.
The Cavs though are more confident of a win in GAME 5, in Cleveland, saying that they are more confident when playing at home. The series is won with four wins. Though the Magic have already won three, the Cavs want to put up a tough play.
Cavs coach Mike Brown made some changes in the line up for game 4, choosing Wally Szczerbiak in place of Sasha Pavlovic.
Dwight Howard, Magic’s center, was called for his sixth technical of the post season, for taunting Varejao upon completing a lay up. Varejao was booked for a foul in the third quarter with 4 minutes remaining. There was the danger of a seventh, and the one game suspension that comes with it, for Varejao, when he was provoked by Howard.
- Savannah Brinson,LeBron James' girlfriend - May 30, 2009
- Miami Heat Thrash Cleveland Cavaliers In Historic Game - Dec 03, 2010
- Cleveland Cavaliers Fans Boo LeBron James - Dec 03, 2010
- Dallas wins NBA finals Game 4 - Jun 08, 2011
- Shaq O'Neal Goes to Cleveland Cavaliers - Jun 25, 2009
- LeBron James gets third NBA most valuable player citation - May 13, 2012
- Miami Heat win second NBA title - Jun 22, 2012
- Miami Heat take 2-1 series lead in NBA finals - Jun 18, 2012
- US picks 12-man basketball squad for Olympics - Jul 09, 2012
- Dallas Mavericks win the NBA finals game 5 - Jun 10, 2011
- MVP James heads All-NBA First Team - May 15, 2009
- Spain, Argentina bring high hopes to Olympic basketball - Jul 28, 2012
- Juwan Howard Could Not Save Portland Loss Against Cleveland - Dec 12, 2009
- Ray Allen Talks Defense Against Miami Heat - Oct 27, 2010
- Cleveland Cavaliers Outplay Boston Celtics - Oct 28, 2010
Tags: cavaliers, coach mike, doomsday, dwight howard, four wins, game suspension, lebron james, nba finals, nba series, orlando magic, overtime, playing at home, promising season, rebounds, s center, sasha pavlovic, sojourn, varejao, verge, wally szczerbiak