Caroline Wozniacki apologizes to Rafael NadalSeptember 7th, 2011 - 8:01 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Sept 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) US Open top seed Caroline Wozniacki has apologized for impersonating Rafael Nadal’s embarrassing press conference cramping spasm. The 20-year-old mocked Nadal shortly after her match against Russian Svetlana Kuznetsova on Tuesday night.
She tweeted after the joke and apologized to the Spanish tennis star. She indicated that she has huge respect for the former world number one player. She added that her joke was taken out of context. She hopes that her action wouldn’t strain the relationship between the two.
Nadal injured his quadriceps and had a hamstring of his right leg. He is expected to recover from his injury ahead of his game against Gilles Muller of Luxembourg on Wednesday. Nadal suffered the injury when he fell during a press conference shortly after his game against Russian David Nalbandian. At her press conference in the same room where Nadal fell, Wozniacki mocked the incident.
Wozniacki on Wednesday tweeted her apology. He tweet suggested that, “Had a bit of fun last night b4 my press conference. Hope it was not taken the wrong way. I have the upmost respect and admiration of Rafa !”
The US Open continues on Wednesday.
- US Open: Wozniacki rallies; Federer, Williams cruise to quarters - Sep 06, 2011
- US Open: Nadal, Murray in last 16; Stosur vs. Zvonareva in women's quarters - Sep 05, 2011
- Kuznetsova to miss US Open for 'recovery' - Aug 21, 2012
- Francesca Schiavone Defies Svetlana Kuznetsova In Marathon Match - Jan 23, 2011
- US Open: Djokovic, Federer, Williams advance as retirements continue - Sep 04, 2011
- US Open: Nadal collapses at news conference - Sep 05, 2011
- Caroline Wozniacki Beats Maria Sharapova, Advances To U.S. Open Quarter-Finals - Sep 07, 2010
- Caroline Wozniacki Beats Francesca Schiavone, Advances To Australian Open Semi-Finals - Jan 25, 2011
- French Open: World No.1 Azarenka crashes out - Jun 03, 2012
- Nadal eases ahead on day of domination at Australian Open - Jan 20, 2010
- Australian Open: Paes-Stepanek, Sania-Bhupathi in semis (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2012
- Oz Open: Schiavone defeats Kuznetsova in longest women's match - Jan 23, 2011
- Australian Open: Sania-Vesnina lose, Paes-Stepanek reach semis (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Venus Williams pulls out of China Open due to knee injury - Oct 02, 2010
- Zvonareva confirmed for London Olympics - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: admiration, apology, caroline wozniacki, david nalbandian, game, gilles muller, joke, luxembourg, match, night b4, quadriceps, rafael nadal, relationship, spasm, svetlana kuznetsova, tennis star, tuesday night, upmost respect, wrong way