Cardiff’s Earnshaw switches to Maccabi Tel AvivSeptember 21st, 2012 - 1:02 pm ICT by IANS
Cardiff, Sep 21 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Cardiff City striker Robert Earnshaw has agreed terms on a one-year deal with Israeli club Maccabi Tel Aviv.
The 31-year-old Wales international has already passed the medical, the team said Thursday.
Earnshaw, who went through Cardiff City’s youth development programme before becoming a full-time professional in 2003, had three spells at his boyhood club.
He also played for Nottingham Forest, Derby County, Norwich City and West Bromwich Albion, scoring 202 goals in 453 league and cup appearances.
Earnshaw scored four goals in 22 appearances for Cardiff last season before his team were denied promotion to the Premier League as they lost 5-0 on aggregate to West Ham United in the League Championship play-offs.
Earnshaw has been capped 58 times by Wales and scored 16 goals for the Dragons, last appearing in a friendly game against Bosnia in August which Wales lost 2-0.
Maccabi Tel Aviv are currently third in the Israeli Premier League table on goal difference with three wins in three games.
- Defoe extends contract with Tottenham till 2015 - Aug 31, 2012
- Real's Diarra set to join Anzhi - Sep 01, 2012
- QPR eyes Zambia's Emmanuel Mayuka - Aug 22, 2012
- Rubin signs Malaga striker Rondon - Aug 05, 2012
- Besiktas' 5-1 victory over Maccabi Tel Aviv - Sep 16, 2011
- Manchester United stay in hunt as Chelsea suffer setback - Dec 27, 2011
- Sessegnon signs extension at Sunderland - Aug 31, 2012
- Norwich appoint Hughton as new coach - Jun 08, 2012
- Pogrebnyak agrees contract with Reading - Jun 30, 2012
- Rubin Kazan sign Spaniard Orbaiz - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: aggregate, boyhood, cardiff city, championship play offs, derby county, dg, dragons, goal difference, maccabi tel aviv, norwich city, nottingham forest, premier league, ria novosti, robert earnshaw, spells, striker, three games, west bromwich albion, west ham united, youth development programme