Capello hopes to draft betrayed Bridge into his World Cup squadFebruary 5th, 2010 - 2:48 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb.5 (ANI): Coach Fabio Capello is still hoping to draft Wayne Bridge into his World Cup squad, notwithstanding the controversy surrounding Three Lions skipper John Terry’s affair with his ex partner Vanessa Perroncel.
The prospect of the pair playing in the same side, however, looks bleak as of now.
Capello, who meets Terry today, has no intentions of dumping the Manchester City star as he provides vital cover for first choice full back Ashley Cole.
City boss Roberto Mancini yesterday revealed that England’s general manager Franco Baldini has already been quizzing him about Bridge’s condition.
The Sun quoted Mancini as admitting his player has suffered mentally from the Terry scandal and said: “I spoke with Baldini on Monday morning.
“He asked me about Wayne and I told him that he is training every day. I said it’s not a good moment in his head but it’s not a problem on the training ground.
“For me, it’s important he should play now and not think about the other person. Wayne is very important for us. He plays in the national team and he’s the best left-back in England and the Premier League - and that’s the most important thing for me and the other players,” he added. (ANI)
- Capello urges Wayne Bridge to reconsider his decision to quit - Feb 26, 2010
- Capello to urge Bridge to reconsider decision to quit - Mar 05, 2010
- Bridge refuses Terry's olive branch - Feb 14, 2010
- Capello to decide 'disgraced' Terry's fate next month - Feb 02, 2010
- Ferdinand told he is still England captain - Mar 14, 2011
- Wayne will prove his mettle against Terry-led Chelsea: Mancini - Feb 27, 2010
- Terry must come clean on sex scandal to save England captaincy - Jan 31, 2010
- I never gave up hope of captaining England again: Terry - Mar 21, 2011
- Reinstated Terry says Capello was wrong to take England captaincy from him - Mar 23, 2011
- Capello bans players from talking about Terry scandal - Mar 02, 2010
- Bridge ready to play alongside Terry: Mancini - Feb 13, 2010
- Fabio betrays Ferdinand, says Terry will regain captain's armband - Mar 15, 2011
- Capello sacked Terry to preserve team unity ahead of World Cup - Feb 06, 2010
- Capello tells Terry: I am boss of England team - Jun 22, 2010
- Ferdinand, a terrific leader and world-class player: Carrick - Feb 08, 2010
Tags: ashley cole, back in england, city boss, city star, coach fabio capello, controversy, franco baldini, john terry, london feb, manchester city, monday morning, premier league, roberto mancini, scandal, skipper, sun, three lions, wayne bridge, world cup squad