Capello asks ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal to beware of Barcelona, MessiMarch 20th, 2009 - 6:27 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 20 (ANI): England coach Fabio Capello has asked Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal to beware of Barcelona and Lionel Messi during the Champions League quarter-final.
Capello feels Barcelona is the team to avoid with Messi in the ranks. Messi makes the difference. He does things that others cant even think of. Every era has its own crack player like Pele or Maradona and Messi can be the crack player of the next decade, he said.
Capello is also impressed with Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola, The Sun reported.
He has helped the Catalan club to a six-point lead at the top of La Liga and reached the Copa del Rey final in his first season in charge.
Capello added: The Barca of Guardiola has formed a team of great potential, although in the last month theyve not been as strong as they can be. At the start of the season, the way Barca played was incredible. Guardiola knew how to cope with the most difficult moments and has continued with his ideas.
Hes left important players on the bench because he was convinced the team could win anyway and things came out well for him. Its a signal that a manager has a great personality. The team has come together and formed a good group, Capello said.
Capello also hinted that United could be running out of gas in their bid for the Quintuple. They were more fresh a month ago, but then they played many consecutive games. At this stage of the season we all have to wait a bit longer to see how each of those teams arrives at the moment of truth. (ANI)
- Guardiola quits Barca, deputy Tito to take over (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Must win game for Barca as Betis visit Camp Nou - Jan 14, 2012
- Guardiola: I don't think Barca can win the League - Feb 27, 2012
- Barcelona squad at limit for Malaga trip - Jan 20, 2012
- Guardiola refuses to give up on La Liga title - Jan 29, 2012
- Barca look to put pressure on Madrid - Mar 23, 2012
- No Messi as Barca take on Sporting Gijon - Mar 03, 2012
- Barcelona take on Espanyol in city derby - Jan 07, 2012
- Not giving up Primera Liga title: Guardiiola - Jan 30, 2012
- Real Madrid and Barca set for eighth 'Clasico' in 9 months - Jan 17, 2012
- Real defend lead, Barca try to catch up in La Liga - Feb 02, 2012
- No praise enough for Messi: Guardiola - Mar 21, 2012
- Barcelona take on Real Madrid in crucial 'El Classico' - Apr 20, 2012
- Guardiola prepares for last league game as Barca coach - May 11, 2012
- Guardiola to quit at the end of season - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: barca, barcelona, bench, champions league, chelsea, coach fabio capello, consecutive games, copa del rey, england coach, great personality, great potential, lionel messi, liverpool, manchester united, manu, maradona, moment of truth, pele, pep guardiola, six point