Can bat at No.3 if Knight Riders need: GambhirApril 20th, 2012 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 20 (IANS) Kolkata Knight Riders captain Gautam Gambhir Friday said he was ready to bat at No.3 if the team needed any time during the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Gambhir batted at No.3 without much success in the first two matches scoring 16 and 0. But he has been opening the innings in the last four matches and has scored two fifties.
“Knight Riders is not just my team it is all about 23 players. What I think is best eleven and is the best batting order. In the first two matches I thought I needed to go and bat at number three and after that there was a need to open the innings. I will again go back to number three if needed. There is no place for individuals in the team and it is all about winning,” he said.
The Delhi boy, who was here in the capital for a promotional event, also jumped to defend out-of-form all-rounder Yusuf Pathan.
“Only six matches have been held now. I think Yusuf only needs one match to turn things around. I have full faith in him and all the 23 players,” he said.
Gambhir also said that as professional cricketer he had no problems with the hectic schedule of the IPL.
“I am not alone who has this hectic schedule. In fact, in most professions people have hectic schedules,” he said.
- Knight Riders beat Daredevils, qualify for main IPL final(lead) - May 23, 2012
- It was a great win: Kallis - Sep 20, 2011
- Yusuf Pathan becomes first to win IPL with two teams - May 28, 2012
- Knight Riders go on top with six-wicket win over Daredevils (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Sharma blitzkrieg halts Knight Riders' winning streak (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- Have to take hard decisions: Gambhir blasts KKR batsmen - Apr 15, 2012
- Daredevils pace attack has blossomed under Simmons: Morkel - May 05, 2012
- Sangakkara tips Knight Riders to win IPL - May 10, 2012
- Knight Riders cruise to five-wicket win over Chargers (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Rajasthan Royals win toss, opt to bat - Apr 13, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab opt to bat against Knight Riders - Apr 18, 2012
- Super Kings opt to bat against Knight Riders - Apr 30, 2012
- Mumbai Indians opt to bat against Knight Riders - May 12, 2012
- Kochi Tuskers 132/7 against Kolkata Knight Riders - Apr 20, 2011
- Gambhir on rampage, but Knight Riders restricted to 158/6 (Lead) - May 14, 2012