Cameron Newton Takes Over South Carolina To Give Auburn Tigers The SEC ChampionshipDecember 5th, 2010 - 7:49 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Dec 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Saturday night a stupendous victory of the Auburn Tigers over the south Carolina Gamecocks where the former won the game by a 57-17. For the Auburn Tigers this was not simply a win over the game. It was a victory where they added the SEC Championship beside their name. Ardent fans of the team were given a delightful victory by the Auburn Tigers as they crushed the No.19 South Carolina Gamecocks in last night’s match. The game was held over the weekend at the Georgia Dome, Atlanta. Cameron Newton was the man to watch out for.
According to sources, when Auburn Tigers coach Gene Chizik was asked if he had ever witnessed any better match other than this one, he just simply declined saying that this was the best. The coach went to assert that he knew that his boys would do it and that was evident in their eyes. Earlier there had been a lot of speculations about the Auburn Tigers’ quarterback Cameron Newton as controversy surrounded him as to whether he would play or not. Although he was initially forbidden but was finally cleared for the match. Cameron Newton put up a brilliant show as he was seen giving four touchdowns and then heading for two more, finally paving the way for his team’s victory. After the victory those present at the Georgia Dome saw Cameron Newton right on the shoulders of his team mates Mike Berry and Byron Isom who hoisted him till the midfield.
Auburn Tigers have finished with 13-0 in their kit and now will compete against the No.2 Oregon Ducks in the BCS National Championship in Glendale, Arizona on January 10. This will be the second time they will be playing for it. The last time was long back in 1957.
- BCS National Championship Will Clash Auburn And Oregon - Dec 05, 2010
- National Championship Title Bagged By Auburn Tigers - Jan 11, 2011
- SEC Championship 2010 Gets Exciting For Auburn - Nov 14, 2010
- Auburn Tigers - Contender For National Title - Nov 27, 2010
- Jeff Maehl Concludes Season With Stellar Performance - Jan 11, 2011
- Cam Newton And Darron Thomas Decided BCS National Championship's Fate - Jan 11, 2011
- Auburn QB Cam Newton named Heisman Trophy Award winner - Dec 12, 2010
- Virginia Tech Football Team Defeats Georgia Tech - Nov 05, 2010
- Auburn University Registers 52-26 Triumph Over Arkansas State - Sep 05, 2010
- LSU tops BCS rankings - Dec 05, 2011
- LSU Beats North Carolina 30-24 - Sep 05, 2010
- Manhunt Continues for Desmonte Leonard, Auburn University Shooting Suspect - Jun 11, 2012
- Cam Newton's NCAA Investigation Still Continues - Nov 11, 2010
- Georgia State Panthers Was No Competition For Alabama Crimson Tides - Nov 19, 2010
- Cam Newton Braving Pay For Play Speculations - Nov 14, 2010
Tags: ardent fans, auburn tigers, bcs national championship, byron isom, cameron, coach gene, controversy, dey, gene chizik, georgia dome atlanta, glendale arizona, madhuri, newton, oregon ducks, paving the way, sec championship, second time, south carolina gamecocks, speculations, team mates