Cameron already planning Ashes victory party at Number 10December 9th, 2010 - 12:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 9(ANI): British Prime Minister David Cameron is planning to throw a party at his official residence, 10 Downing Street, if England wins the Ashes series in Australia.
England currently leads the five-match Test series 1-0.
“If they win the Ashes, they come back to Downing Street and we can have a party,” the Daily Mail quoted Cameron, as saying.
Cameron also said that he had sent a congratulatory message to the team after they won the second Test in Adelaide by an innings and 71 runs.
“I was going to send them a message after the first Test, but you can’t do it every time,” the Prime Ministersaid.
However, insiders fear that Cameron could jinx the team’s chances, given Britain’s disastrous failure to win the 2018 World Cup bid, despite his personal intervention in Zurich. (ANI)
- Stewart dreams of England's 'fantastic' 4-0 Ashes win over Australia - Dec 15, 2010
- England ready for Oz Ashes onslaught in Perth: Strauss - Dec 15, 2010
- Aussies look like 'a bunch of Clydesdales' on field in Ashes series: Chappell - Dec 12, 2010
- Boycott urges England team to 'kibosh Australia' and retain Ashes in Perth - Dec 15, 2010
- Nielsen backs 'refitted' Johnson to be Oz Ashes saviour - Dec 10, 2010
- 'I'm flattered people want me to play in Ashes,' says Warne - Dec 08, 2010
- Calls for Warne's return to Oz Ashes team 'nonsensical': Hussey - Dec 13, 2010
- Cameron tells England cricketers 'whole country behind them' in Ashes defence quest - Nov 24, 2010
- Boxing Day Ashes Test is tailor-made for Warne's return: Lee - Dec 12, 2010
- 'Under pressure' Oz team can still turn around Ashes series: Nielsen - Dec 15, 2010
- 'Domineering' England hands Australia their first Ashes innings defeat in 24 years - Dec 07, 2010
- Ponting slips to 25th place in ICC rankings - Dec 08, 2010
- Cameron to visit Zurich for last-ditch 2018 football WC bid lobbying - Nov 12, 2010
- West Indies arrive for series against India - Nov 03, 2011
- England's three innings victories, a first in away series - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: 10 downing street, adelaide, british prime minister, congratulatory message, daily mail, david cameron, disastrous failure, downing street, first test, insiders, jinx, match, minister david, personal intervention, second test, series 1, test series, victory party, world cup, zurich