Cam Newton’s NCAA Investigation Still ContinuesNovember 11th, 2010 - 9:06 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Nov 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Auburn Tigers quarterback Cam Newton is still facing tough time as NCAA has not yet closed investigation that said that he bribed Kenny Rogers, a former Mississippi State Bulldogs player during his recruitment. However, despite all legal doldrums, the Auburn Tigers player managed to shine in his performance against Chattanooga University last week with a score of 62-34. However, the Federal Bureau of Investigation will have a meeting with John Bond, former Mississippi State football player who is none of the key figures of the recruiting scandals of college.
Previously John Bond said that there was a man who said that he represented Cam Newton during the time of recruitment out of junior college and that man reportedly asked for Cam Newton’s commitment to Mississippi State. The former player reportedly told a reputed media source that during 2009 football season Cam Newton’s representative told him that the quarterback is ready to play at Mississippi State and he would have to make a “specific” payment for that. However, this startling revelation has made FBI question the fact if young players are being “shopped” to colleges.
On the other hand Cam Newton has denied all the allegations against him and said that he was not involved in any misconduct in his recruitment. Cam Newton told a reputed media source yesterday that he is not ready to “entertain” something that happened two years ago as he does not want to “beat” a dead horse in any respect. Gene Chizik, Cam Newton’s coach called the whole news as “pure garbage”. Some gossip sources reported that Cam Newton has been suspended for his act, however, there is no confirmation of the news.
- FBI Questions Milton McGregor In Cam Newton Case - Nov 18, 2010
- NCAA Investigation Did Not Spoil Cam Newton's Performance - Nov 07, 2010
- Cam Newton's Heisman Trophy Win Shrouded By Controversy - Dec 12, 2010
- Cam Newton Braving Pay For Play Speculations - Nov 14, 2010
- SEC Championship 2010 Gets Exciting For Auburn - Nov 14, 2010
- Auburn QB Cam Newton named Heisman Trophy Award winner - Dec 12, 2010
- Auburn Tigers - Contender For National Title - Nov 27, 2010
- National Championship Title Bagged By Auburn Tigers - Jan 11, 2011
- Cameron Newton Takes Over South Carolina To Give Auburn Tigers The SEC Championship - Dec 05, 2010
- Manhunt Continues for Desmonte Leonard, Auburn University Shooting Suspect - Jun 11, 2012
- Cam Newton Wins Heisman Trophy, Detractors Silenced - Dec 12, 2010
- Auburn University Registers 52-26 Triumph Over Arkansas State - Sep 05, 2010
- Cam Newton & Darron Thomas battle it out - Jan 11, 2011
- Cam Newton And Darron Thomas Decided BCS National Championship's Fate - Jan 11, 2011
- BCS National Championship Will Clash Auburn And Oregon - Dec 05, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,