Cam Newton’s Heisman Trophy Win Shrouded By ControversyDecember 12th, 2010 - 4:33 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Dec 12, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The win of Cam Newton in the run up for the coveted Heisman Trophy has not come as much of a surprise considering the fact that the Auburn quarterback has given consistently good performance this season. He raced ahead of Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck and two other final contenders to bag the most reputed award in college football. However, the question that is looming large is how long he would be able to bask in the glory of the prestigious award bestowed on him. The pay for play controversy he got mired in ensured an investigation by the NCAA. It has not been proved that the player himself or his team was aware of the scheme and that explains why NCAA held him as an eligible candidate.
This resulted in Cam Newton getting nominated and eventually winning the Heisman Trophy, beating other contenders. There is no doubt that he has been held as a deserving winner. His win has not shocked many but what has come as a disappointment to the Broncos fans is the fact Kellen Moore, the quarterback of the team was put at fourth place. He got only 635 points as opposed to 2263 points garnered by Auburn’s Cam Newton. Cam Newton was smiling when his name was announced but he did not express any exuberance. His dad’s absence in the ceremony was conspicuous.
The disappointed Broncos fan cried foul after the award winners were announced. Some of them booed Cam Newton and called him “Scam Newton” after he bagged the top slot. Some of the Broncos fans tried to console themselves by the fact that Kellen Moore still has a year to prove himself.
- Auburn QB Cam Newton named Heisman Trophy Award winner - Dec 12, 2010
- Cam Newton Wins Heisman Trophy, Detractors Silenced - Dec 12, 2010
- NCAA Investigation Did Not Spoil Cam Newton's Performance - Nov 07, 2010
- Cam Newton Braving Pay For Play Speculations - Nov 14, 2010
- FBI Questions Milton McGregor In Cam Newton Case - Nov 18, 2010
- National Championship Title Bagged By Auburn Tigers - Jan 11, 2011
- Cam Newton's NCAA Investigation Still Continues - Nov 11, 2010
- Is Reggie Bush going to be stripped off his Heisman Trophy Award? - Sep 08, 2010
- Reggie Bush To Be Stripped Off Heisman Trophy? - Sep 08, 2010
- Cam Newton & Darron Thomas battle it out - Jan 11, 2011
- Quarterback Kellene Moore's Last Minute Touchdown Pass Saves Boise State Football Team - Sep 07, 2010
- BCS National Championship Will Clash Auburn And Oregon - Dec 05, 2010
- Auburn Tigers - Contender For National Title - Nov 27, 2010
- SEC Championship 2010 Gets Exciting For Auburn - Nov 14, 2010
- Cam Newton And Darron Thomas Decided BCS National Championship's Fate - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: absence, award winners, broncos, cam newton, college football, contenders, controversy, dad, deserving winner, disappointment, eligible candidate, exuberance, heisman trophy, kellen moore, ncaa, no doubt, prestigious award, ranjan, stanford, top slot