Calvin Borel Fights With Javier Castellano Post MarathonNovember 6th, 2010 - 7:38 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Yesterday’s Breeders Cup seemed to have all the spice required for a complete entertainment package. With more than hundred graceful horses, rich bidders, classy audience and charged up jockeys, Louisville seemed like the most thrilling place to be. Amongst everything else, the maximum footage was gained by the two challenging jockeys, Calvin Borel and Javier Castellano.
Reports say that the two jockey exchanged a fight and traded punches after the first Breeders’ Cup Marathon Race. Calvin Borel was enraged about a move in tight quarters by Javier Castellano. The two jockey reportedly tangled in the winner’s circle after the opening race. After the marathon, that had a stake of $500,000, Calvin Borel accused Javier Castellano for a mid race move in the traffic, that put Calvin Borel and another rider Martin Garcia, under danger. He reportedly moved into the path of Martin Garcia, which disoriented the stability of the horse and he lost his balance. After the race was over, the otherwise cool and composed Calvin Borel looked very annoyed, with red eyes and stood veins in his forehead. At that time he maintained his cool. Later on his brother and his wife took him to the jockey’s room and the two started their fight. Calvin Borel not only pointed fingers at him, but the fight even became a bit physical, with the security officials trying to separate the two of them.
Nevertheless, when the final result was announced, Javier Castellano was disqualified, although he got the second position. Calvin Borel was declared as the winner for the marathon. The latest reports say that the two jockeys have patched up and now they are in talking terms.
- 2010 Breeders' Cup Results Turned Out To Be Unpredictable - Nov 07, 2010
- Breeders Cup 2010 To End Today - Nov 06, 2010
- Calvin Borel Guides Super Saver To Victory In Kentucky Derby - May 02, 2010
- "Breeders Cup 2010" All Set To Start This Weekend - Nov 01, 2010
- Zenyatta Horse Featured On "CBS 60 Minutes" - Nov 01, 2010
- Horse dies after winning prestigious race - May 14, 2012
- Jockey Randy Romero And Point Given Along With Two Others Enter Racing Hall Of Fame - May 30, 2010
- Zenyatta Clinches 19th Consecutive Victory - Oct 03, 2010
- "60 minutes" features 'Horse of the Year' Zenyatta - May 02, 2011
- Zenyatta Wins, Honored As Horse Of The Year In Eclipse Award - Jan 18, 2011
- Summer Bird wins the Belmont Stakes - Jun 07, 2009
- Randy Romero, Point Given elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame - May 31, 2010
- Kenya's Kipsang to debut in Berlin Marathon - Sep 14, 2012
- History made as all horses fall during UK race and fail to finish - Mar 19, 2011
- Kenyan ace hopes to set record at TCS World 10K Bangalore - May 24, 2012
Tags: bidders, breeders cup, calvin borel, complete entertainment, final result, forehead, graceful horses, javier castellano, jockey, jockeys, kar, marathon race, meena, punches, red eyes, security officials, spice, stake, tight quarters, veins