Caleb Hanie Gives Stellar Performance For BearsJanuary 24th, 2011 - 9:04 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 24, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Caleb Hanie was not playing the game until the third quarter. However, when he entered the field he was in the best of his spirit, to finish 13-of-20 passes for 153 yards. It was the one, who led the beers with the help of two fourth-quarter touchdown drives. One of them was the memorable 35-yard pass to Earl Bennett, that pulled his team to seven points, while only five minutes were left for the match to get over. Although his team lost the match, Caleb Hanie’s performance was widely appreciated by all his teammates and the fans.
Caleb Hanie was brought into the field as a replacement of Todd Collins, when the latter lost the strength of his arms after an injury. Jay Cutler was called off the field long back, due to he knee injury. Although he seemed fit after sometime, he could not be brought back to the field due to emergency quarterback rule. On that note, such a great performance by Caleb Hanie, in the absence of two veteran players, came up as a huge surprise, especially when in the last three seasons, his performance was not up to the mark, with no touchdown and only 8-of-14 passes for 66 yards. After the match, Jay Cutler said that he is extremely proud of Caleb Hanie and felt that if the team provides him with more opportunities, he has the potential to perform a lot better. He also appreciated his wise offensive moves and his calm disposition in the third quarter.
However, Caleb Hanie is not too happy, although he is earning a lot of good wishes. According to him, one earns congratulations only when he is subjected to people’s underestimation, and only when people are taken aback by one good performance. What made him all more disappointed was the poor performance on the part of the whole team, that led to the Bear’s defeat.
- Bears' QuarterBack Jay Cutler Injures Knee - Jan 24, 2011
- Green Bay Packers Beat Chicago Bears, Advance To Super Bowl 2011 - Jan 24, 2011
- Philadelphia Eagles Vs Washington Redskins Match Was In Favor Of The Former - Nov 16, 2010
- Matt Flynn Gives A Remarkable Friction To The Patriots - Dec 20, 2010
- Michael Vick's Remarkable Performance Made The Day For Eagles - Nov 16, 2010
- Colin Kaepernick Gives Nevada A Victory Against Boise State - Nov 27, 2010
- Nate Kaeding's Absence Leaves Chargers At A Loss - Oct 25, 2010
- South Carolina Beats Alabama By 35-21 - Oct 10, 2010
- Cam Newton And Darron Thomas Decided BCS National Championship's Fate - Jan 11, 2011
- Miami Dolphins Loses To Chicago Bears Owing To Injuries - Nov 19, 2010
- Alabama Defeats Arkansas By 24-20 In NCAA Football - Sep 26, 2010
- Jay Cutler Leads Bears To 27-17 Win - Aug 31, 2009
- Dayne Crist's Injury Leads His Team Notre Dame Fighting Irish To Lose - Sep 12, 2010
- Jay Cutler Leads Chicago Bears To Victory - Dec 29, 2009
- Michigan Wolverines Wins Against Notre Dame Fighting Irish - Sep 12, 2010
Tags: beers, caleb hanie, calm disposition, earl bennett, emergency quarterback rule, five minutes, jan 24, jay cutler, kar, knee injury, match, meena, offensive moves, playing the game, poor performance, quarter touchdown, seven points, stellar performance, three seasons, veteran players