Cahmapions League: Chelsea’s Drogba warns Barcelona that it will be blown awayMay 6th, 2009 - 2:14 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 6 (ANI): Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has warned Barcelona that they will be blown away in the Champions League semi-final.
The Chelsea striker taunted the Catalan giants by insisting the Blues have more match winners in their team.
With so much hype around Barca’s ‘holy trinity’ of Leo Messi, Samuel Eto’o and Thierry Henry, the Ivory Coast striker hit back with a volley of his own.
Drogba, 31, said: “I think, in the last few months, we’ve shown that we can score goals and, OK, they have Messi, Henry, Eto’o, and Andres Iniesta but we can also score.
“We’ve got more players able to score. Our midfielders, our defenders can also score. We can score from every position in our side. We know that. We know that and we have to score goals to win the tie,” The Sun quoted him, as saying.In the knockout stages alone, Chelsea has found goals from four different players in three areas of the team.
Drogba is more determined than ever to make any chance count.
“It would be great for Chelsea if I’d managed to score that goal, but Valdes made two fantastic saves. Yes, I was a bit frustrated. In these kind of games, if you manage to score it makes a big difference. As a striker, you know that. If you miss a chance one game, another might come along in the next. That is what you hope. I hope to have similar chances on Wednesday to make a difference,” he said. (ANI)
- Valiant Chelsea knock Barca out, reach Champions League final - Apr 25, 2012
- Jozy Altidore confident about Anzhi clash - Aug 20, 2012
- Barcelona demolish Bayern, Chelsea stun Liverpool - Apr 09, 2009
- Barcelona capable of destroying Chelsea: Henry - Apr 28, 2009
- Drogba will inspire Chelsea to win Premier League title: Dixon - Jan 22, 2010
- Barcelona outclass United to be crowned champions of Europe (Roundup) - May 28, 2009
- Eto'o and Messi the heroes as Barcelona stun United - May 28, 2009
- Iniesta puts Barcelona into final with injury-time stunner - May 07, 2009
- Chelsea win Champions League for the first time - May 20, 2012
- 'We were beaten by the better team,' admits Ferguson - May 28, 2009
- Barcelona held by Chelsea at home - Apr 29, 2009
- Messi scores brace as Barca keep pace with Madrid - Apr 15, 2012
- Barca look to avenge Stamford Bridge defeat at Nou Camp (Lead, superseeding previous story) - Apr 23, 2012
- Barca look to avenge defeat at Stamford Bridge - Apr 23, 2012
- No England star in FIFA World Player of the Year award - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: andres iniesta, barca, blown away, champions league, chelsea, drogba, game, giants, holy trinity, hype, ivory coast, knockout stages, leo messi, london, match, midfielders, samuel eto o, thierry henry, valdes, volley