CAB trying to rope in Kapil as bowling consultantJuly 28th, 2012 - 11:42 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 28 (IANS) Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) president Jagmohan Dalmiya said Saturday that the association is trying to rope in India’s World Cup winning captain Kapil Dev as a bowling consultant.
“We would be glad to invite him to help Bengal cricket. I have already spoken to him and found him to be very positive,” Dalmiya told mediapersons after the CAB’s Annual General Meeting.
“A man of his stature needs some time to make up his mind,’ said Dalmiya.
The CAB chief’s comments came soon after Kapil returned to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) fold.
The CAB was already in talks with spin legend Bishan Singh Bedi for coaching Bengal’s slow bowlers, and there was also a move to get the services of G.R.Vishwanath as a batting consultant.
- BCCI's agenda against Dalmiya behind Eden fiasco: Kapil - Feb 14, 2011
- Dalmiya re-elected CAB president - Jul 28, 2012
- Eden Gardens WC fiasco: Pranab Mukherjee to meet Sharad Pawar - Jan 30, 2011
- ICC turns down BCCI's request; Eden's replacement by Jan 31 - Jan 29, 2011
- Bengal cricket body lashes out at ICC, BCCI - Jan 27, 2011
- Eden Gardens likely to host remaining three World Cup matches: ICC - Feb 08, 2011
- Dalmiya set to retain CAB president's post - Jul 24, 2009
- Dalmiya meets Pranab on Eden fiasco - Jan 29, 2011
- Dalmiya unlikely to face opposition in CAB presidential race - Jul 11, 2009
- West Bengal waives amusement tax for World Cup ties - Jan 25, 2011
- Sachin to be presented 100 guineas, golden bat by Mamata - May 11, 2012
- Has Eden Gardens become a pawn in cricket board politics? - Feb 04, 2011
- Dalmiya has a challenger in Samar Pal for top CAB post - Jul 21, 2012
- Is a Modi-Dalmiya pact in BCCI in the offing? - Dec 08, 2009
- BJP's Shahnawaz Hussain appeals to ICC to reconsider Eden - Feb 01, 2011