Button says his performances should shut up his criticsJune 19th, 2010 - 5:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jun 19 (ANI): Formula One Champion Jenson Button has asked his critics to go silent, as he has proved them wrong.
He said that his second place in this year’s championship justifies his decision to quit Brawn for McLaren.
Button is just three points behind teammate Lewis Hamilton, The Sun reports.
Button said: “I know there were some people who were openly questioning the decision and my motivation for moving. But I think I’ve shown that it was the right move.”
“One of the motivating factors was being able to watch - from the outside - how much performance the team was able to bring to last year’s car, transforming it from a back-marker into a race winner,” he said.
Hamilton on the other hand will be chasing a hat-trick of wins in the European Grand Prix in Valencia knowing he faces a battle holding on to his title lead.
He said: “It’s great to be leading the world championship, but F1 is so competitive. You really can’t take anything for granted at this level. I’m the fifth leader of the championship so far this year, so it’s not easy to stay on top. (ANI)
- Hamilton eyes victories in Abu Dhabi, Brazil - Nov 06, 2011
- Hamilton blames 'cruel luck' for Hockenheim fiasco - Jul 23, 2012
- Hamilton's title write-off just before start of F1 season - Mar 10, 2011
- Button 'surprised' at his good relation with Hamilton - Oct 10, 2010
- Hamilton vows to win his first Formula One hat trick - Jun 26, 2010
- Button eyes McLaren one-two finish at British GP - Jun 15, 2010
- McLaren-Mercedes eyeing win at Indian GP - Oct 28, 2011
- Button dreams of retaining F1 title over - Nov 07, 2010
- McLaren boss says don't write team off - Mar 11, 2011
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- Nicole back in McLaren paddock - Mar 17, 2012
- I can see myself finishing my career at McLaren, says Button - Sep 26, 2010
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Australian Grand Prix - Mar 27, 2011
- Hamilton persuaded McLaren to sign 'world-champion' Button - Dec 17, 2010
- McLaren 'love-in' between Hamilton and Button will turn sour: Webber - Jul 08, 2010
Tags: back marker, champion, f1, formula one, grand prix, hat trick, jenson button, lewis hamilton, london, marker, motivating factors, motivation, move one, race winner, right move, sun reports, teammate