Button insists on working as a team with HamiltonMarch 11th, 2010 - 4:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 11(ANI): Reigning Formula One champion Jenson Button insists that there will be no bust-ups with fellow McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton even if he retains his title.
The new F1 campaign starts in Bahrain on Sunday, and Button is aware that Hamilton famously did not get on with Fernando Alonso when they were team-mates in 2007.
“Lewis and I get on well and have the same goal which is to win the world championship. For both of us to achieve that we have to beat the other one, but we must work as team-mates and share information,” The Sun quoted Button, as saying.
“You haven’t got a chance otherwise. F1 is so competitive and if there are any slip-ups or disagreements you don’t have a chance. I know Lewis very well and he is an exceptional driver,” he added.
Button had earlier warned Hamilton that he is going to keep the driver’s crown.
“I’m really looking forward to getting into my car on Friday morning in Bahrain knowing I’m world champion,” said Button.
“It’s a responsibility and an honour, but it’s something I’m going to enjoy as long as I can. I don’t want to lose that number from my car,” he added.
Hamilton has been working equally hard and is equally ambitious for a team that wants nothing less than both world titles at the end of the season.
“I think we have a very promising car beneath us. It’s a real change of direction for us and the possibilities with this car are very exciting,” said Hamilton. (ANI)
- Hamilton to banish `outside intrusions' from his mind in 2011 - Dec 28, 2010
- Hamilton hopeful of regaining F1 title in 2011 - Nov 18, 2010
- Button says he doesn't want to lose No1 status - Mar 09, 2010
- Hamilton's title write-off just before start of F1 season - Mar 10, 2011
- Hamilton eyes victories in Abu Dhabi, Brazil - Nov 06, 2011
- Two F1 world champions can race together if there is equality in team: Hamilton - Apr 09, 2011
- Belgium and Italian Grand Prix wins critical for title bid: Button - Aug 28, 2010
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- Alonso delighted over another chance to lock horns with 'special' Schumacher - Mar 09, 2010
- Button warns 'nothing special' Schumacher ahead of F1 season-opener - Mar 07, 2010
- Hamilton rules out 'bully-boy' tactics against Button - Apr 21, 2010
- Button backs Vettel to succeed him as F1's new king - Oct 12, 2010
- Hamilton blames 'cruel luck' for Hockenheim fiasco - Jul 23, 2012
- Button set to play second fiddle to title hopeful Hamilton at McLaren - Oct 26, 2010
- Untouchable Vettel wins Indian GP - Oct 30, 2011
Tags: bahrain, bust, change of direction, disagreements, f1, fernando alonso, formula one, friday morning, honour, jenson button, lewis hamilton, mclaren team, share information, slip ups, team mate, team mates, ups, working as a team, world champion, world titles