Butler University Wins Over Syracuse OrangeMarch 26th, 2010 - 7:56 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Salt Lake City, Utah, March 26, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Sweet sixteen round of the NCAA Tournament that began on Thursday was again filled with surprise wins and failures. On Thursday, top seeded Syracuse was put against Butler university team and Kansas State team had to face the Xavier team. However, on Thursday the top seeded Syracuse could not maintain their streak of win as it was defeated by the fifth seeded Butler university team which won over the former with a 63-59 win. This has led Butler University for the first time to the regional finals.
The game from the beginning seemed set for the Butler University team as the Syracuse team failed to gain control of the game. The Butler University scored 23 points as the Syracuse Orange had a bad time with 18 turnovers. Willie Veasley of Butler Bulldogs provided he team with some crucial points towards the end of the game sealing the victory for the team.
The Butler Bulldogs’ win over Syracuse Orange comes as another unpredictable game result at the NCAA basketball tournament this year. After Thursday’s victory, Butler Bulldogs’ coach Brad Stevens said that there are no more “mid-majors” in the game, but rather a bunch of players who play with passion on the court. Willie Veasley on Thursday asserted that with this win they can now get rid of the tag of being a small school, which had been associated with them. He said that the win has made the tag a thing of past. The Butler Bulldogs will now have to battle with Kansas State on Saturday to reserve their birth for the final four.
- Xavier University Suffers Defeat Against Kansas State - Mar 26, 2010
- NCAA Championship Game 2010 Heads Towards Its End - Apr 04, 2010
- President Barack Obama Defeats Clark Kellogg During Basketball Game At White House - Apr 04, 2010
- No. 8 Syracuse Orange Outshines No.7 Michigan State Spartans In Jimmy V Classic - Dec 08, 2010
- NCAA Championship Game 2010 Brings Trophy To Duke Blue Devils - Apr 06, 2010
- Syracuse Orange Beats Georgia Tech, Wins Legends Classic Championship - Nov 28, 2010
- Butler Bulldogs Registers Victory Against Michigan State In NCAA Semifinal - Apr 04, 2010
- NCAA Hockey Tournament Opener Sees Major Upsets - Mar 27, 2010
- Lehigh Loses To Kansas At Ford Center - Mar 19, 2010
- Big East Tournament 2010 Commences On Tuesday - Mar 07, 2010
- Obama puts basketball bets on Pittsburgh Panthers - Mar 16, 2011
- NCAA Men's Basketball Bracket Deems Kentucky Top Team - Mar 17, 2010
- National Tennis: Vishnu, Yuki breeze into semis - Oct 13, 2011
- NCAA Rules Kentucky Freshman Enes Kanter Permanently Ineligible - Nov 12, 2010
- Michigan State University Defeats University Of Northern Iowa - Mar 28, 2010
Tags: bad time, bulldogs, butler bulldogs, butler university, final four, game result, kansas state, kar, majors, meena, ncaa basketball tournament, ncaa tournament, regional finals, salt lake city, salt lake city utah, sweet sixteen, syracuse team, turnovers, utah march, xavier