Buddh Circuit to host Superbike World Championship in 2013June 9th, 2012 - 6:10 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, June 9 (IANS) Buddh International Circuit (BIC) owner Jaypee Sports International Saturday confirmed that the race track will be hosting a round of Superbike World Championship (WSBK) in March 2013.
Jaypee Sports International (JPSI) and Infront Motor Sports (IMS), the promoters of WSBK, have inked an agreement to hold the race at BIC March 9-10.
WSBK, a top notch motorcycle racing series, comes to India in the wake of a successful organisation of the maiden Formula One Grand Prix last october. The grand finale of FIA GT1 Championship will also be held at BIC in December.
“We are extremely happy to announce that besides F1 and GT1, we will also hold a thrilling motorcycle race. There are many who are passionate about bikes here. I am sure they would love to watch the best bike drivers in the business compete against each other,” said Jaypee Sports International managing director Sameer Gaur in a statement.
Teams of bike manufacturers such as Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Aprilia, and BMW are part of the series regulated by the Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM), the international governing body of the sport.
On WSBK coming to India, IMS chairman Maurizio Flammini said: “After meeting with the promoters (Jaypee), I got the feeling that I was dealing with highly professional people even though the circuit was under construction.
“This impression was confirmed from the outcome of the F1 race last year. We are sure that WSBK will add value to BIC, as well as to India.”
- Superbike World Championship calendar ready to add India - Mar 10, 2012
- World Superbike sealed, talks on for Moto GP: Jaypee - Apr 12, 2012
- Jaypee gets exclusive TV rights for Superbike World Championship - Aug 07, 2012
- FIA GT1 World Championship: Budh International to host 2012 season final - Feb 13, 2012
- Global award for Buddh International Circuit - Nov 17, 2011
- India major market for motor sports: GT1 boss - Mar 02, 2012
- F1 equipment starts arriving in Greater Noida - Oct 18, 2011
- Buddh Circuit's homologation ends with FIA's medical inspection - Sep 04, 2011
- Mercedes to set up driving academy in India - Aug 24, 2011
- Indian GP ticket prices slashed for limited period - Sep 11, 2012
- Kawaski rope in Gadea as replacement for Lascorz - May 04, 2012
- Moscow raceway targets MotoGP standard - Aug 23, 2012
- Vettel crowned World Champion at FIA Gala, Buddh Circuit awarded - Dec 10, 2011
- MotoGP still a distant dream for Indian riders: Mahindra Racing - Nov 15, 2011
- FIA to inspect Indian Grand Prix track on Sep 1 - Aug 03, 2011
Tags: aprilia, best bike, bike manufacturers, coming to india, f1 race, formula one grand prix, gaur, grand finale, honda kawasaki, ims, infront, international governing body, maurizio, motor sports, motorcycle race, motorcycle racing, promoters, sports international, top notch, wsbk