Buchanan confirmed as New Zealand cricket’s directorApril 15th, 2011 - 1:20 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Apr 15 (ANI): NZC chief executive Justin Vaughan confirmed former Australia coach John Buchanan’s appointment today, as director of New Zealand cricket.
Buchanan will start with NZC at its Christchurch base in May. His brief will include the establishment of clear and consistent national coaching philosophies, implementing a talent identification programme and overseeing the selection panel.
Buchanan fashioned an impressive record with the Australian side from 1999-2007. His tenure included a world record number for consecutive test wins (16), consecutive ODI wins (21) and two World Cup wins, Stuff.co.nz reports.
“John’s appointment is an exciting one for New Zealand Cricket. He has a great cricketing pedigree and will provide outstanding leadership as NZC look to move forward,” Vaughan said.
Buchanan, 58, was also used by England as a consultant before last year’s Ashes series against Australia.
“It’s an honour to be appointed to this challenging role. It is a wonderful opportunity to build on the work that has been done,” said Buchanan.
“New Zealand Cricket has a proud history and is a true honour to be given the responsibility. I want to be part of the next successful era and am committed to building sustainable high performance for New Zealand Cricket,” he added. (ANI)
- Buchanan appointed New Zealand cricket director - Apr 15, 2011
- Buchanan likely to take over NZ cricket - Apr 10, 2011
- Buchanan confident about cricket success for New Zealand - Apr 17, 2011
- Buchanan likely to become New Zealand Cricket's director - Apr 08, 2011
- New Zealand Cricket toying with idea of having separate Test, T20 coaches - Jan 23, 2011
- Donald all set to sign new contract with New Zealand - May 13, 2011
- Signing of Buchanan as director seen as a coup for Kiwi cricket - Apr 17, 2011
- Ex-Oz coach Buchanan set to take over Kiwi cricket - Apr 12, 2011
- John Wright named new coach of New Zealand - Dec 20, 2010
- John Wright to leave NZ coaching job after Windies tour - May 01, 2012
- Coach Wright takes on an Aussie assistant - Dec 24, 2010
- Former New Zealand Cricket chief Doig dies at 62 - Oct 13, 2011
- Ross Taylor appointed New Zealand captain - Jun 21, 2011
- When Shane Bond swore at NZ Cricket boss over ICL ultimatum - Oct 27, 2010
- Tensions between Buchanan and Wright in New Zealand cricket - Mar 29, 2012
Tags: chief executive, coach john, coaching philosophies, consecutive test, cricketing, high performance, honour, impressive record, john buchanan, national coaching, new zealand cricket, odi, pedigree, proud history, selection panel, stuff co nz, tenure, wellington, world cup, world record