BSF seize 20 kg heroin in PunjabApril 11th, 2008 - 10:37 am ICT by admin
Amritsar, Apr 11 (ANI): Border Security Force (BSF) seized 20 kg heroin worth 10 billion rupees in the international market from Khemkaran region of Punjab’s Tarn Taran District.
BSF Inspector General Himmat Singh said that two suspected drug smugglers were also nabbed.
“We planned a strategy to dodge the smugglers who were trying to pass on a consignment of heroin. While they were trying to hand over the consignment, we nabbed them,” he said.
India is viewed as a major transit point for drug smuggling to the West. Heroin is derived from morphine, a naturally occurring substance extracted from the seedpod of the Asian poppy plant, and appears as a white or brown powder. (ANI)
- Heroin, fake currency seized in Amritsar, three nabbed - Mar 30, 2009
- Delhi Police seize heroin worth millions of rupees - May 18, 2010
- BSF seizes 12 kg of heroin on Punjab border - Apr 24, 2012
- Heroin worth rupees 45 million seized in Coimbatore - Sep 29, 2009
- Heroin worth millions seized in Punjab - Jan 18, 2010
- Police seize seven kilograms of heroin in Amritsar - Jul 22, 2008
- BSF recovers 23 kg heroin from Punjab border - Feb 04, 2012
- Heroin worth rupees 600 million seized in Punjab - Jul 04, 2009
- Sharp hike in heroin smuggling across Punjab border - Aug 21, 2012
- 15 kg heroin found near India-Pakistan border - Oct 04, 2011
- BSF kills three smugglers on Indo-Pak border in Punjab - Mar 29, 2012
- Three held with drugs worth Rs.40 crore - Jul 10, 2011
- Three smugglers held with drugs, fake currency in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2012
- Punjab drug scene hits a new 'high' - Nov 22, 2010
- 75 kg of heroin seized in Punjab - Apr 06, 2011