Broad becomes highest-ranked England bowlerMay 27th, 2009 - 8:14 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, May 27 (ANI): Stuart Broad has become England’s highest-ranked bowler in the Reliance Mobile ICC Player Rankings for ODI bowlers after a successful series against the West Indies which ended at Edgbaston on Tuesday.
Broad finished as the leading wicket-taker in the series with six wickets, including 4-46 in the second ODI at Bristol, and has been rewarded with a jump of four places. The 22-year-old fast bowler now sits alongside Pakistan’s Shahid Afridi in a career-best ninth position.
Broad has replaced Andrew Flintoff in the top 10 after the Lancastrian dropped out after missing the series due to knee injury. A player loses one per cent of his ratings for every match missed and as such Flintoff has slipped two places to 11th position.
Jerome Taylor, who was the most successful West Indies bowler in the series with four wickets, has retained his 14th position but three wickets apiece by James Anderson and Paul Collingwood have lifted the pair by two and seven places respectively. Anderson is now in 30th position while Collingwood is in 55th spot.
The bowling table is still headed by Sri Lanka’s Nuwan Kulasekara while Kyle Mills of New Zealand is second and Muttiah Muralidaran of Sri Lanka third.
In the Reliance Mobile ICC Player Rankings for ODI batsmen, Mahendra Singh Dhoni has retained his number-one position after the West Indies’ big guns Chris Gayle and Shivnarine Chanderpaul failed to dethrone the India captain.
Gayle went into the series trailing Dhoni by 33 points but after managing just 42 runs in the series, the Jamaican has dropped one place to third while his team-mate Chanderpaul has lifted to second spot after a series contribution of 95 runs.
Owais Shah, who was the leading run-getter in the series with 113 runs, has climbed three places to 34th while Matt Prior, who scored 98 runs in the series, has rocketed 22 places to 77th position.
However, former England captain Kevin Pietersen has dropped one place to 15th position while Ramnaresh Sarwan has slipped three places to 19th spot.
There is no change in the Reliance Mobile ICC Player Rankings for ODI all-rounders as Shakib Al Hasan of Bangladesh still leads the field.
In the Reliance Mobile ICC ODI Championship table, England’s 2-0 victory has earned it one rating point and it is now on 109 rating points, just two behind fifth-placed Pakistan. The defeat, however, has cost the West Indies two ratings points and it has dropped to 90 rating points, 15 behind seventh-placed Sri Lanka. (ANI)
- Chanderpaul back as No.1 Test batsman - Apr 29, 2012
- Broad breaks into top three of ICC Test rankings - May 22, 2012
- Reliance-ICC ODI rankings: Swann in third spot, Morgan is highest-ranked England ODI batsman - Sep 23, 2010
- England consolidate their lead in Test rankings - Jun 12, 2012
- Amla achieves career-best fourth position - Jun 05, 2010
- India number two in Reliance ODI rankings - Dec 06, 2009
- Kohli moves to seventh in ICC ODI rankings - Jun 19, 2011
- Ojha breaks into top-15 of ICC Test rankings, India remain second - Nov 27, 2011
- Dilshan, Tendulkar and Gambhir all rise in ICC rankings - Apr 04, 2011
- Saeed Ajmal becomes No.1 ranked ODI bowler - Sep 06, 2012
- Sangakkara reclaims top spot in Test rankings - Jul 05, 2012
- India have good chance of going past England in ODI rankings - Oct 12, 2011
- India move to third spot in ICC ODI rankings - Oct 26, 2011
- Dhoni, Kohli among top-10 ODI batsmen in ICC rankings - Dec 07, 2011
- Cook climbs to career-best third spot in Test rankings - Aug 14, 2011
Tags: andrew flintoff, big guns, chris gayle, edgbaston, england captain, four wickets, james anderson, jerome taylor, kevin pietersen, kyle mills, lancastrian, mahendra singh dhoni, muttiah muralidaran, ninth position, nuwan, reliance mobile, shahid afridi, shivnarine chanderpaul, team mate, wicket taker