Briton held for peeping into Chinese women swimmers changing roomAugust 15th, 2012 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 15 (IANS) A Briton has pleaded guilty to voyeurism after he was caught spying on the Chinese women’s swimming team during the London Olympics in their changing room.
Declan Crosbie, 25, from West Yorkshire’s Leeds city, was caught peering over cubicles as team members were changing at a sports centre. After staff started searching for his whereabouts, he hid in a cubicle and tried to answer them in a woman’s voice, The Sun reported Wednesday.
After finally coming out, he requested profusely before the staff not to call the police before running away, Leeds Crown Court heard.
He was caught after a woman noticed Crosbie entering the changing room at Leeds University’s training facility.
Members of the Chinese team, training at the pool ahead of the London 2012 Olympics, also made a complaint after spotting him peeking over the cubicles.
The man is scheduled to be sentenced Sep 17 after being assessed for a sex offenders’ programme, a judge said. He also has convictions for voyeurism in 2005 and 2006.
- Peeping Tom Declan Crosbie sentenced for peeping into Olympic changing rooms - Aug 15, 2012
- Man blames Viagra, wife's menopause for filming women in changing room - Jan 11, 2011
- Briton held for running over Asian-origin kids - Aug 21, 2012
- Three Jordan Paralympics athletes charged with sex offences - Aug 22, 2012
- Briton jailed for burying alive fiancee - Jan 14, 2012
- Doctor fired for being a Peeping Tom - Sep 20, 2011
- Peeping Tom claims gender issues made him peek into women's toilet cubicle - Aug 18, 2010
- Olympic gymnastics champ Yibing suffers knee injury - Jul 15, 2012
- Naked rambler fined for causing distress to a dog walker - Feb 16, 2012
- British rapist jailed after 21 years - Mar 18, 2012
- Three university students charged for voyeurism in UK court - Mar 09, 2011
- Bradley Wiggins' training kit stolen from Surrey hotel - Aug 01, 2012
- Liu Xiang arrives in London, eying second Olympic gold medal - Jul 12, 2012
- Gymnast Teng pulls out of Olympics - Jul 26, 2012
- Seven more held in Britain for terror offences - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: 2012 olympics, briton, changing room, chinese team, chinese women, crosbie, crown court, cubicle, cubicles, declan, facility members, leeds city, leeds university, london 2012 olympics, london olympics, sports centre, swimmers, swimming team, voyeurism, west yorkshire